Chapter 113.2

Editor: Sahloknir

A woman much older than Shi Qing that doesn't look her age...

Tan Mingjin immediately deduced the person the youth was talking about was one of those senior female artists in the entertainment industry.

This made it an even harder pill for him to swallow.

Everyone knew Shi Qing was the Tan family's sole young master. It wasn't out of the question for someone to seduce him based on his identity.

He was young, green, and unaccustomed to hardship. How was an obedient and cute child like him supposed to deal with those kind of people?

Tan Mingjin had business ventures in the entertainment industry, so he naturally knew a few things about the major players and customs.

It was like the wild west. Not only was there discrimination, there was also fierce competition for limited resources. Since all the competitors have above average features, it was inevitable that a few of them chose to sell their bodies for benefits. It was a story as old as time. Even the purest or most unwilling of people might be forced to do it.

While the majority were able to stay away from such practices, there was undeniably a dark side lurking beneath the surface.

Of course, Cheng Yunling belonged to the group that didn't have to sell their bodies despite not having connections.

But Tan Mingjin was still unable to accept Shi Qing dreamily talking about some woman more than ten years his senior.

Even he himself didn't know which part he found most objectionable. Was it the 'woman's age' or that 'Shi Qing liked her'?

Anyways, he was firmly opposed to this.

"I won't allow it."

All the happiness vanished from Shi Qing's expression. He looked incredulously at the man. "Why?"

Tan Mingjin gave a righteous speech. "You're still a student, but they've already been working for years. You two aren't a good match because you have little in common."

"What does age matter if we get to see each other everyday? It's not like they're twenty years older than me. I really like-"

"Shi Qing." The man got up with a frown and took a seat beside the youth. He reached out and comfortingly tousled his hair.

The soft locks brushing by his fingertips relaxed him a bit. He softened his voice and tried to persuade the stubborn youth.

"You're still young, so you think you love them. But when you grow up, when you're at the prime of your life, they will be old. What will you do then?"

Shi Qing considered the handsome face in front of him. "I think they'll still look good when they're older. And they maintain their health well."

Why was this child so hard to convince?

Tan Mingjin sighed. "They'll be at work while you're at school. You basically won't get to see each other during the day. What if they find someone they like then?"

Shi Qing: "First off, they're not that kind of person. Second, I can go work at their company after graduating and stay with them forever. That way I'll be the one in their sight all day."

The man's heart received another heavy blow.

He'd mentioned multiple times over the past few days how he wanted Shi Qing to come work at his side after graduation.