Chapter 166

Editor: Casey

One red line, three days of life.

Gu Qiushu couldn’t stop staring at that red line. He didn’t know what he was thinking either. He raised his head and looked at Shi Qing with complicated eyes.

“Then why did you stop when I didn’t let you treat me?”

If Shi Qing had really done as he said and not treated him, wouldn’t that mean he’d have died?

Gu Qiushu’s heart was filled with after fear just thinking about it.

But then he froze.

Wait a minute, he had nothing to do with Shi Qing. What did it matter to him if he lived or died?

Gu Qiushu frowned slightly and told himself that it must be because he would feel guilty if Shi Qing died. After all, if he had refused treatment, he would’ve been plagued by guilt afterwards, something that would hinder his cultivation.

He might be doused in cold sweat because of what just happened, but Shi Qing seemed unaffected. He continued to smile as if his life or death was inconsequential.

“Gu-xianzhang, what was I supposed to do then? Force you to accept treatment?”

He twirled a strand of his black hair, smiling even more mischievous than a fairy. “A pharmacist’s only task is to treat illnesses and save people. If the patient refuses treatment, of course I have to respect that.”

The white-robed Xianzhang’s face remained cold. “If that’s the case, what did you capture us for?”

“All I said was that I wouldn’t force you to accept treatment. I didn’t say I wouldn’t capture you and lock you up. Anyways, as long as all of you are here, you’ll eventually accept my treatment.”

Gu Qiushu: “…”

He actually didn’t know how to respond to that.

Shi Qing’s attitude was just too righteous.

A flash of insight suddenly hit Gu Qiushu. He looked down at the red line on Shi Qing’s arm and asked, “You weren’t saying those things just to deceive me, right?”

Aiyo, so he’s pretty sharp, ah. He actually caught that.

On the surface, Shi Qing’s expression didn’t change. He wasn’t nervous at all. “If Xianzhang believes that to be true, then I’ll admit it.”

“That’s right. I lied to you. What saving people can increase lifespan? How could such a ridiculous thing be possible?”

However, on the contrary, the more readily Shi Qing admitted to lying, the more Gu Qiushu believed him.

After all, Shi Qing’s sickly state had already left a deep impression on him.

He couldn’t take anything this person said seriously.

Gu Qiushu looked at the red thread and asked, “How do you know your own lifespan?”

“Of course I know, it’s my body. Not to mention I’m a pharmacist.”

Shi Qing shook his arm emphatically and raised an eyebrow. He smiled at Gu Qiushu. “Xianzhang, I get that you want to look at it for a while, but do you really need to hold my hand for so long?”

Gu Qiushu stiffened. Only then did he realize that he had actually been holding onto Shi Qing’s wrist this whole time.

When had he ever taken the initiative to be close to someone like this? He quickly let go and hid the long, slender hand that had just been in contact with Shi Qing’s wrist behind his back.