Chapter 173

Editor: Sahloknir

“Gong Yu?”

The youthful Shi Qing froze before bursting into uncontrollable peals of laughter. “Apartment?? That’s your name? Who named you and how did they think of it?”

Gong Yu observed his amusement, but he didn’t understand what Shi Qing was laughing at. Despite this, his lips also unconsciously curled upwards in response. He started foolishly laughing at himself along with the youth.

He was also able to quickly answer Shi Qing’s question. “My name comes from a proverb.”

“Which one? I’ve never heard of a proverb mentioning apartments.”

Gong Yu tentatively imitated Shi Qing’s way of hugging his knees when sitting. Although he still wasn’t fluent, at least he pronounced each word correctly.

“A stone from another mountain can be used to break jade.”

“They gave me this name because they wanted me to be beatable.”

Beside him, Shi Qing noticed the crestfallen, sombre look in Gong Yu’s relatively good looking dark eyes after he spoke. What he didn’t notice was how the man silently tucked the jade pendant on his waist behind him.

Shi Qing giggled and leaned over to sneak another bite of tanghulu.

With a full mouth, he casually mumbled, “In that case, our meeting might be destined by fate. A stone from another mountain can be used to break jade, huh. My name’s Shi Qing, which is pronounced the same as ‘stone’. Since you’re called Gong Yu, this means we’re bound to get along!”

Gong Yu’s previous melancholy was all but swept away by those words. His eyes brightened another fraction as he looked happily at Shi Qing.

“Our names are together.”

He smiled with crinkled eyes before carefully taking out his jade pendant and giving it to Shi Qing. “This. For you.”

“What is it?”

The youthful Shi Qing curiously leaned over and accepted the pendant. He understood once he saw the words ‘Gong Yu’ carved on it. “This is your personal jade pendant? People in ancient times did seem to like wearing these…Did the developers design this for you?”

“No. I made it myself.”

Gong Yu smiled at the pleased light in Shi Qing’s eyes. He tentatively scooted closer to Shi Qing and gestured at the jade pendant. A small, palm-sized figure reminiscent of a fairy floated out of it.

He had the exact same face as Gong Yu, but he was only as tall as a hand. After being called out, the little being closed his eyes and yawned a little.

“So cute, ah. What is this?”

The youthful Shi Qing happily reached out and let the little being fall into his hand. He curiously poked it lightly a couple of times before turning back to Gong Yu.

“He looks just like you.”

Gong Yu’s smile grew wider when he saw that Shi Qing liked it. He nodded and explained, “I made this myself. I was so lonely, I felt it could keep me company. I can go into this body sometimes. I’ll give him to you. You can call me if you run into trouble later.”

“A substitute doll? You actually made something that didn’t exist in the game from scratch. How cute.”

The youthful Shi Qing adoringly admired the little being. He even touched his little face a couple of times. Beside him, Gong Yu blushed a bit. He looked down and scratched his face, somewhat embarrassed as he stuttered, “As long as you like it.”