Chapter 125.2

Editor: Sahloknir

When the Jiang family and Shi family sent people out to inquire about the incident, both obtained the same result.

It was so chaotic at the time that no one saw who pushed Shi Qing.

But even though everyone lied and the matter was written off, by the time the people from the two families left they were still punished by their own families.

After all, with the exception of the Shi family, these families in Crane City had no shortage of heirs.

Of course punishment was in order when the child you worked hard to raise brought trouble back home. The ones who were favoured were lucky since they were just reprimanded.

But the sons that didn't stand out or were unfavoured were in a pickle.

The most unfortunate ones were beaten with a paddle, the slightly luckier ones were told to copy books, and the even luckier ones were just placed under house arrest so they couldn't get into any more trouble.

Yes, in this chaotic and confusing world, every family was cautious to the extreme. They considered it a crime to just watch people fight.

Just look at how at least three people were still under house arrest today.

When those two young masters fought, the true victims were the pitiful witnesses.

This Young Master Lu was one of the people beaten yesterday. At least his mother noticed the situation in time and quickly told the person carrying out the punishment to hold back. That was the only reason he wasn't bedridden right now.

This guy was truly scared because of the incident yesterday. He went to cajole Shi Qing with a 12,000% smile on his face.

The little master's twisted expression eased a bit due to his attitude.

Just a little bit, enough to give this person some face.

This Young Master Lu was relieved to see Shi Qing's consideration for him. He secretly breathed a sigh of relief, even feeling a little grateful to the little master.

I thought Shi Qng was just a spoiled brat that was too arrogant for his own good. Seems like he isn't so unapproachable after all.

Then he turned back to look at Jiang Liye. Right now, that guy was still sitting there with an ugly expression and no intention of moving.

His high and mighty act made a hundred thousand grass mud horses run across the plains of Young Master Lu's heart.

Get it together bro! You're the one who pissed him off, not me!!

Of course he's angry, he caught you red-handed badmouthing him in front of so many people! But why are you getting angry too?? You're clearly the one in the wrong here!!

Relying on other people to smooth things over for you instead of just apologizing and making things right yourself...

Just how shameless are you?!!

Young Master Lu wasn't afraid to admit that he got close to Jiang Liye so he could mooch off him a bit. It was understandable to vie for more resources in the current state of the world.

But he's been following this guy for a long time. Even a lackey could become a friend with enough time, right?

But judging by Jiang Liye's reaction and attitude, he clearly thought of Young Master Lu as just a lackey.