Chapter 170

Silver, thank you for the Ko-fi!

Editor: Casey

Shi Qing was also quite surprised to hear that Gu Qiushu wanted to stay.

He saw that the Heavenly Derivation Sect Master seemed like he might keel over any second now out of anger, so he kindly interjected: "Gu-xianzhang needn't worry. I can come over once every three days to your sect to treat you. My puppets are very swift so it won't take long."

The young man noticed how Gu Qiushu's expression became even colder than usual.

He seemed to be glaring at Shi Qing, who looked back innocently.

He was speaking on Gu Qiushu's behalf with nothing but good intentions, ah.

Peipeipei. As expected of someone who started cultivating as a child. This guy is so oblivious to the nuances of human interaction.

The Heavenly Derivation Sect Master didn't expect Shi Qing to take the initiative to let everyone go.

Although this Sect Master Shi's been nothing but genial since they arrived, his many years of experience in the cultivation world told him that Shi Qing was definitely not as nice as he appeared to be.

"You heard him, Shidi. Return with me to the sect first. I still have questions for you."

The Heavenly Derivation Sect Master didn't even consider the possibility that Gu Qiushu would refuse him.

After all, although Gu Qiushu appeared cold to everyone else, the Heavenly Derivation Sect Master knew as his shixiong that Gu Qiushu was actually very obedient.

Well, to his shixiong at least.

Looking back, Gu Qiushu tirelessly cultivated day and night after he told him to work hard, eventually honing himself into a big popsicle. Before his shidi became a big popsicle, the Heavenly Derivation Sect Master taught his disciples according to his own educational philosophy.

However, around the time he took in Ye Zi, after discovering what he had taught his shidi into, he didn't dare to continue with his previous methods. Even though Lin Xingzhi turned out quite normal under his tutelage, he wasn't willing to take any chances.

So Ye Zi was raised to be a naive, lively, and cute little...foodie.

To this day, the Heavenly Derivation Sect Master would feel a pang of regret whenever he remembered this incident.

Now that he has more disciples, one thing became clear to him.

His shidi turned out this way because that was just the way he was.

But at least he was very obedient.

The Heavenly Derivative Sect Master derived some comfort from that fact.

He confidently waited for his shidi to come to his side and return to their Sect with him.

However, Gu Qiushu didn't move.

"I will stay here."

The Heavenly Derivation Sect Master: "..."

...What's the matter with you all of a sudden? It's not like you don't have a sect to go back to, so why are you so insistent on staying in someone else's???

"Shidi, ah. Can't you see how busy Sect Master Shi must be right now? If you really need him for something, why don't you reschedule for another day? It's best for us to head back first."