Chapter 177 The End

Editor: Sahloknir

The game ‘Descent of Chivalry’ remained highly popular. Even though it didn’t have as many players as it did in its first year, the overall player base remained constant.

And today, to everyone’s surprise, the NPC tasks that had been missing so long from Myriad Flower Valley actually reappeared.

Players excitedly converged on the location, only to discover that it wasn’t filled with a variety of weird NPC tasks like before. Instead, what greeted them was a series of difficult questions.

A puzzle game.

Solving one question would lead to another, and another, and another…

There seemed to always be another layer, like an endless series of Russian nesting dolls.

When news of this spread, it drew another large wave of curious players.

They all wanted to know what kind of reward completing the last round of this task would be.

Everyone put their heads together. Some players live streamed themselves going in and set up a discussion post in the forums as well. This way, everyone could quickly have access to new questions and help brainstorm potential answers.

Finally, on the night where the developers scheduled a meteor shower event in-game, one player completed the task.

He got a stick of tanghulu as a reward.

The player, who suffered so many hardships and only managed to power through out of sheer anticipation: “…”

Trash game, I hope all your servers shut down!

The forums also exploded, but few people were truly bothered. Most just laughed it off.

None of them knew what this stick of tanghulu meant, what it represented.

That night, the miserable player who got the tanghulu went to Myriad Flower Valley again to vent his frustrations at the game.

Only to discover that two people had beat him to the peak of the mountain situated in the Valley.

A pair of very handsome and well-built men were leaning against each other, watching the meteors shoot through the sky above.

You couldn’t be a devil or a demon in this VR game. It was apparent that these two were bonafide men.

The straight player who just tragically received the tanghulu felt like he might go blind.

In the end, he logged out after cursing up a storm.

Little did he know, as soon as he uttered the first swear word, Gong Yu tensed from where he used to be quietly sitting and watching the meteor shower. He looked in that player’s direction.

With just one movement, the player would’ve been able to curse to his heart’s content in the Reincarnation Centre.

Yet before Gong Yu could make a move, Shi Qing already reached over and grasped his hand.

“Don’t mind him. Just focus on watching the meteor shower.”

Immediately mollified, Gong Yu smoothed down all his hackles and nodded obediently, turning back to look up at the game’s sky.

But as time passed by, his eyes drifted to the side and settled on Shi Qing again.

Shi Qing was already beautiful to begin with. At the moment, his slightly upturned face and the stars reflected in his eyes made him the most beautiful sight Gong Yu had ever seen.