Chapter 136.2

Editor: Casey

As it was autumn, even the additional trees planted outside couldn't keep out the chilly wind.

Shi Qing became more and more reluctant to get out of bed.

The hardest task the maidservants in his residence had was to wake the Shi family's little master up in the morning.

Every day, they would huddle around the little master's bed to try and gently coax him out from under the covers.

"Qing-er, it's time to get up. Didn't you say yesterday that you wanted to go visit the Chamber of Commerce today? You even told us to wake you up no matter what."

"That's right. Qing-er, look what I've brought, your favourite osmanthus pastries! They're delicious, so won't you get up and have some?"

"Qing-er, the sun is almost in the middle of the sky. Quickly get up now."

The maidservants were all gentle willows, and their soft, moving voices reflected this.

But their words sounded more like a lullaby to Shi Qing.

The little master closed his eyes and buried himself deeper in the blanket, pretending he didn't hear them.

"Stop it Qing-er. It's time to get up."

One of the maidservants took a piece of pastry and brought it to his mouth to try and entice him. "If you don't get up then I'm going to eat this."

Shi Qing opened his mouth with his eyes closed and bit into the pastry. While chewing, he pulled the blanket over his head.

The ladies looked at each other, at a loss about what to do.

"What should we do? Qing-er's refusing to get up again."

"Why don't we bring Kitty over? If it prances around on the blanket, Qing-er will have to get up sooner or later."

"Okay, I'll go and get Kitty."

Now that they've settled on a course of action, the maidservants dispersed. Some went to bring the cat while the others carried the pastries away.

Shi Qing was soon the only one left inside.

-Squeak.

The window that was closed due to the chilly winds was suddenly pushed open gently from outside. A man then smoothly flipped over the windowsill.

His feet landed lightly on the floor. Despite being very tall, he didn't make a sound the entire time.

The man walked silently to the bed and looked down at the ball the little master had huddled into under the soft bedding.

Suddenly, he slid a long, slender hand into the bedding, precisely cupping the cheek of the peacefully sleeping little master.

"Ah!!"

The little master was rudely woken up from his dreams by this slightly cold touch on his warm cheek. To him, it felt like he had been splashed with cold water in the middle of winter. The shock was so great that he jumped like a rabbit and scrambled to a sitting position.

"What was that for!"

He glared angrily at the person responsible. When his gaze fell on the man's face, Shi Qing froze before becoming even more incensed. He threw his blanket at the other person.

"Jiang Bieyu!!! Do you have a death wish?!"

Jiang Bieyu laughed as he caught the blanket and wrapped it around Shi Qing again. His deep voice was tinged with amusement, "Cover up quickly, lest you catch a chill."