Chapter 123.2

Editor: Sahloknir

Shi Qing's compliments were completely genuine.

He did enjoy seeing these pretty little girls all dressed up. The sight of them twirling around the room like flower blossoms was very pleasing to the eye.

But while he was content to admire from a distance, this was not the case with the original host.

He thought of all of these pretty girls as his reserve harem.

Father Shi was partially responsible for this. The original host was young when his family found a chance to elevate themselves from the merchant class. As a result, his father tried his best to emulate the aristocratic families he had heard about in passing and instill in the original host their values.

For example, how men shouldn't take any concubines before they wed a legal wife or have any concubine-born sons or daughters, etc.

Even though Crane City hadn't had aristocratic families for quite some time, since they died out in the chaos of the current era, that didn't stop Father Shi from wanting to become one.

As a result, Shi family's only young master was given a room full of pretty girls as his concubines-to-be.

But it was unlikely any of them would become one.

Shi Qing recalled a brief description from the original plotline. When Jiang Bieyu returned to Crane City and inquired about the young master of the Shi family, he discovered that this person had become a laughingstock. Apparently, he tried to take the maidservants assigned to his courtyard as concubines, but all of them just wanted to be his maidservants. They saw him only as their master and nothing else.

The young master felt humiliated and took two of them by force. However, he didn't expect them to both be rather headstrong. After being violated and told that they would be sold to a brothel if they didn't comply with the young master, they decided to jump into a well together.

After that, the incident became a joke.

A youthful young master whose maids would rather die than become his concubines...just how lacklustre a person did he have to be?

The original plotline didn't describe this part in too much detail. It was purely meant to show how depraved a villain the Shi family young master was. In addition, the original host's memories were too vague for Shi Qing to figure out which two maidservants in this courtyard were the unlucky ones.

He tried to look for them, intending to find a good home for these two maidservants so they could be legitimate wives of their own households this time around.

They were right to be humiliated by the original host's offer. Why would a proper girl agree to be a concubine, who were even worse off than slaves?

While he was trying to identify the two unluckiest blossoms from the veritable sea of beautiful flowers, Jiang Bieyu walked in.

He was actually in a pretty good mood. Although his face remained expressionless, his eyebrows were very much relaxed.

But as soon as the man entered the room, his relaxed brows furrowed.

After all, from Jiang Bieyu's point of view, it looked like the little master on the bed was staring at the exposed necks of his hard working maidservants with impure intentions.

What's more, he would change his target once in a while.

So lecherous at such a young age...