Chapter 127.2

Editor: Sahloknir

Steam seemed to be coming out of Shi Qing's ears. Even his grip on Jiang Bieyu's hand tightened.

The man didn't look up. He just silently shifted towards the little master so that he could get a better grip.

At the same time, he could clearly hear Jiang Liye's quiet mocking remarks.

"There's nothing you can do to disprove what I just said. Even if you did call me that earlier, would any of those people who were flattering you inside just now step forward on your behalf? They'll just tell you they weren't paying attention if you ask."

Jiang Liye snickered and spoke in a whisper that only Shi Qing and Jiang Bieyu could hear.

"Just like when you fell into the water before. Your father asked everyone what happened, but didn't they all pretend to be deaf and dumb? Did you really think that you're the moon surrounded by the stars? When you need them the most, no one will come help you."

Jiang Bieyu could feel the soft fingers of the youth holding on to him slowly clenching.

"As expected." He thought calmly.

Shi Qing was a little master spoiled rotten all his life, the only child of the Shi family. Even his parents doted on him, not to mention the servants who attended to his every need.

Jiang Liye, on the other hand, grew up in the Jiang family manor and had to compete with (including concubine-born) twenty odd younger brothers for the position of heir.

How could such a delicate little master be Jiang Liye's match?

Shi Qing was able to get in a few blows inside, but he was helpless against Jiang Liye using false goodwill and his brother-in-law status to disgust him outside.

This was quite normal.

But for some reason, Jiang Bieyu didn't want to let Shi Qing be defeated like this.

If someone as wanton and reckless like him truly suffered a loss, they would be like a vivid flower blossom that lost its dew.

Beautiful, but always missing something when you looked at them.

"Brother-in-law."

Jiang Bieyu was inexplicably disappointed that his prediction was right. The youth did relent. His fair face seemed to be trying very hard to squeeze out a smile.

"It's freezing cold nowadays, and many people in the city don't have enough to get by. The hungry ones can only go to the moat and break the ice to catch fish to fill their stomachs. If I agreed to go with you to skate there, we would definitely have to send servants to drive those people away in order to really have fun."

Jiang Liye narrowed his eyes at the Shi family's little master making up excuses to save face. They seemed to be saying, 'keep lying if you want'.

Shi Qing continued, "Today's cold enough for a pail of water tossed in the air to freeze. I've read in books that the commoners need to spend a lot of effort to cut into the ice, and they need to watch it constantly so that it doesn't freeze over again. If it does, they'll have to spend a lot of effort to start all over again."

"The commoners are only there because they are hungry. If we drive them away for the sake of our entertainment and the holes freeze over, who knows if they'll have enough energy left to break the ice again?"

The little master sighed, looking like the perfect gentleman showing concern for his fellow countrymen.

"That's why I don't want to go, ah. Don't try to persuade me, brother-in-law. I won't change my mind."