Chapter 120.1

Editor: Casey

That was all Shi Qing had to say. He glanced at Shi-furen, who could change faces in a flash, and observed her.

Shi-furen's cries were so delicate and timid, like the cries of a blue songbird. Due to her soft, pitiful and delicate tone, Father Shi's heart softened almost immediately. He coaxed her in a whisper: "Don't cry, isn't our Qing-er fine?"

"That's just what it looks like on the surface." Shi-furen hit her husband softly on the chest and sobbed, "Jiang Liye compared our Xi-er to a prostitute. Qing-er confronted him to defend his sister's honour, but that Jiang Liye actually didn't give Laoye any face and pushed him into the lake!"

"Our Qing-er has always been sickly since he was a child. On such cold weather, if he hadn't been lucky, he wouldn't be standing in front of you and me today.

"Jiang Liye pushed Qing-er??" Father Shi's eyebrows immediately furrowed; "What do you mean, didn't a concubine-born son push him?"

"How could this be? He was just a scapegoat pushed out by Jiang Liye to take the blame. Qing-er confirmed that it was Jiang Liye who pushed him. What else is there to say?"

After Father Shi heard that from his wife, he looked at Shi Qing, who was leaning lazily against the wall. "Qing-er?"

Shi Qing nodded. "No mistake about it, Father. It was that Jiang Liye who pushed me. He said something like he didn't care that I was the Shi family's young master. He's definitely looking down on our family."

His voice had the same soft accent as Shi-furen's, and he sounded just as coquettish as her.

But Jiang Bieyu, who was still on the ground, looked up at Shi Qing again.

At that time, what Jiang Liye actually said was clearly, "If you dare to hit me, I will definitely go to the Shi family to seek justice. Even if you are the Shi family's young master". How did the meaning of those words completely change when they came out of Shi Qing's mouth?

But Father Shi believed him completely. His expression turned steely.

Everyone knew that the Crane City Shi family had only one heir, and that was Shi Qing. Even if he always looked down on his son for being unmotivated and told people outside that he was an unfilial prodigal, he was still Father Shi's only son.

Jiang Liye!

Not only did he not treat my daughter well after marrying her, he actually wanted to kill Shi Qing.

Father Shi's thought delved deeper into conspiracy. If something did happen to Shi Qing, and Jiang Liye placed all the blame on a concubine-born son, he would get off pretty much scot-free.

Then his Shi family would have no heirs and only one legitimate child left. So when he and Shi-furen die, all of their wealth would remain with Shi Xi.

Jiang Liye happened to be Shi Xi's husband, so when you think about it, he would benefit greatly from Shi Qing's death.

Father Shi's expression was dark.

Of course, he didn't even spare a thought for Shi Qing's concubine-born sisters during his musings.

Daughters that married out were like spilled water from a basin, leaving no way to put it back. Besides, those girls were all concubine-born, they were raised by nannies in separate courtyards. Father Shi barely saw them ten times a year. How could they compare to his Xi-er, who lived in his courtyard when she was a child, who he personally held, consoled, and took out to play?