Chapter 138.2 End of Arc: 10

Editor: Casey

After Shi Qing's parents discovered that the new master of Crane City, who had once been a servant of theirs, had no intention of making trouble for their family, they breathed a huge sigh of relief.

Since Jiang Bieyu had apparently forgotten all about their Shi family after conquering the world, the two of them thought that they should take advantage of the current peace to find a daughter-in-law for their son.

Shi-furen began to ask around for families with promising girls.

Father Shi was also quietly keeping an eye out.

Their Qing-er's bride had to be the best after all.

The family of three rarely ate together, but they did today. It wasn't just to catch up though. The purpose of this meal was to bring up marriage with Shi Qing, who seemed too busy with his work to care about that (from their point of view).

As his father, it was not appropriate for Father Shi to talk openly about this matter. So Shi-furen took charge.

Shi-furen smiled at her son who was eating sullenly, her eyes filled with maternal affection. "Qing-er, Mother wants to discuss something with you."

"En? What a coincidence. I also have something I want to discuss with Father and Mother."

Shi Qing looked up and wiped his mouth with a handkerchief. Then he set his chopsticks down. "I'll go first then."

His father huffed and shot him a look. "Do you think your trivial affairs are more important than what your mother has to say? Listen to her first."

Father Shi has always been like this. Although he took every opportunity to implicitly brag about his son outside, he was reluctant to praise Shi Qing to his face. In fact, he always acted like he despised his son.

Shi-furen pouted and glanced at her husband. She gently pushed him in a petulant fashion. "Qing-er is now in charge of all of our family businesses . How can his affairs be trivial?"

She then smiled at Shi Qing and said softly, "Qing-er, Mother isn't in a hurry. You can go first."

Shi Qing nodded. "It's really not a big deal. I just wanted to tell you that..."

"I'm going to declare myself emperor."

"Pfft-"

Father Shi spat out a mouthful of tea.

"Cough cough cough!!! Cough cough cough!! What did you just say?!!"

Shi-furen was also stunned. Her expression went blank. She even forgot to soothe Father Shi.

Shi Qing quickly got up to pat Father Shi on the back. "Father, you should be more careful. Why are you still as easy to rattle as a child at your age? All I said was I'm going to declare myself emperor."

His father pointed at him with a trembling finger, unable to say anything for the longest time.

This brat was using his own words against him! This was clearly an act of revenge as he had scolded Shi Qing the same way before.

"Ex-explain yourself! This isn't the type of thing to joke about!! Just think about our Crane City's General Jiang! He's known as the devil incarnate! He's slaughtered his way to the throne in such a short time... If you declare yourself the emperor at the same time he does, aren't you afraid he'll kill you?!"

Shi Qing's eyes were full of innocence. "I'm not afraid."

"You!!! Are you trying to infuriate me to death?!"