Chapter 137.2

Editor: Sahloknir

-Crack!

Wang Zhancheng entered Shi Qing's courtyard to see his delicate, jade-like little cousin on the veranda with a long, red whip in hand.

He didn't know what material that whip was made of, but it left an impressive number of marks on the ground despite how little force Shi Qing could muster.

"Great!!"

Although Wang Zhancheng didn't play with whips himself, there were many young masters back in River City who loved them. He had seen their performances, so he could not help but applaud and call out to Shi Qing.

Shi Qing stopped waving the whip and looked up. Seeing that it was Wang Zhancheng, a smile appeared on his face. "Cousin is here?"

As soon as the maidservant waiting nearby saw the little master stop, she

hastily draped the cloak she was holding over his shoulders and carefully tied the straps. Otherwise Shi Qing might catch a cold.

Another maidservant came forward with a tray and took the whip from Shi Qing before retreating.

As Wang Zhancheng strode forward, Shi Qing took the handkerchief handed to him by another maidservant and wiped his hands. He asked,

"Has cousin rested enough? How about we go out to eat for lunch today?"

"Yes, I'm feeling much better after my nap." Wang Zhancheng, who wasn't actually very tired said as he chuckled and looked around. He breathed a sigh of relief when Jiang Bieyu was nowhere to be seen.

Then he asked, "Cousin, that manservant you had with you earlier, is he not here?"

"I sent him to run some errands."

Shi Qing's expression didn't change.

In reality, Jiang Bieyu was asleep in the secret room under the bed in his residence.

This guy had stayed up for three days and two nights to rush here. Then he used up the rest of his energy by holding Shi Qing.

The only reason he didn't fall to the ground straight away was because of his protagonist halo.

To prevent this guy from suddenly dropping dead, Shi Qing forced him to rest a while.

Father Shi was the one who had that secret room built during the manor's construction. After all, they lived in troubled times. If the worst were to happen, the jewels and money hidden inside would be enough for the Shi family to live on.

Shi Qing wondered what expression Father Shi would make if he found out that his son had hidden a man in the secret room that the Shi family used to hide their gold and silver.

He dismissed the idea after a second.

In front of him, the tension finally drained from Wang Zhancheng's shoulders.

It was good that he wasn't there.

His whole body relaxed as he began to speak more freely, "Cousin, why did you recruit such a person to be your manservant? I get scared just looking at him. Aren't you afraid?"