Chapter 148.2

Anonymous reader, thank you for the Ko-fi!

Editor: Casey

Cold sweat was pouring down Zhou Xuanxuan's forehead. Still, he mustered his courage to ask, "Song-ge, did you say it wrong-no, no. I must've misunderstood. You're going to kill me if the boss runs away??"

"That's right."

Song Xiabing glanced at Zhou Xuanxuan's beautiful face. The more he looked at it, the more displeased he felt.

"I'm going to cook porridge. If he runs away in the meantime, I'll skin you alive."

Zhou Xuanxuan: "......"

Well.

That's one more death threat added to the list.

What did he even do this time??

Wasn't he kidnapped by Shi Qing because of his beautiful face?

Was it a crime to be beautiful??

Moreover, he felt that Song Xiabing's words were very unreasonable.

Shi Qing was a level seven ability user, and Zhou Xuanxuan lost his primary ability. He only had a weak ass second ability left.

How was he supposed to stop Shi Qing if the man made a run for it??

Sure enough, Song Xiabing just wanted him dead, right?

Even though he had a stomach full of complaints, Zhou Xuanxuan didn't dare to say anything in front of Song Xiabing. He could only thump his chest and promise, "Leave it to me, Grandpa. I'll definitely keep a close eye on Shi Qing. You can hold me responsible if he's missing even a single strand of fur."

Zhou Xuanxuan only relaxed once he watched Song Xiabing leave.

"Life sure isn't easy." The phantom fox sighed.

He opened the door and went in.

Once inside, he knew that he had wronged Song Xiabing.

Fully clothed, Shi Qing was leaning against the headboard with a grim expression. There was a chain attached to his wrist.

A wisp of black mist encircled the chain. Whenever the man struck it with flames, it would immediately spring to life and scarf down the flames like they were some delicious meal. It would settle down again once all the flames had been devoured.

Once it noticed someone had come in, the black mist reared up like it was alive and alertly surveyed its surroundings. It didn't have eyes, but Zhou Xuanxuan could swear this thing was staring daggers at him. He suspected it would lunge at him and show him what for as soon as he did something suspicious.

Zhou Xuanxuan "......"

I can't afford to mess with that.

As a result, he pulled up a chair and sat at a distance from the bed instead of approaching.

The man stared at him grimly.

When he saw Zhou Xuanxuan sitting down, he sneered. "How could you sell me out after I treated you so well?"

Zhou Xuanxuan "&#k2026;You&#k2026; Did you treat me well?"

"Of course I did!"

The chained man's temper flared up. His handsome face was filled with rage.

"I didn't even kill you after I found out you were a man! Laozi would've burned you to death if I knew you were working with him!"

Perhaps all the exertion from cursing was too much. Shi Qing hissed and fumed as he rubbed his butt.