Chapter 160

Editor: Casey

Shi Qing was brimming with so much confidence that Lin Xingzhi was at a loss for words.

He didn’t know what this Steel Bones Sect Master was up to, so he could only close his eyes and accept his death at the hands of the puppet. “Don’t listen to him! This disciple will never allow myself to be used to threaten you.”

Smiling, Shi Qing applauded him. “Good, good. You really are the eldest third-generation disciple of the Heavenly Derivation Sect. You’re willing to live and die by your own rules! I, Shi Qing, admire you!”

After praising him, Shi Qing changed his tune so fast that people got whiplash. He snapped his fingers. “Do it.”

The puppet acted swiftly, immediately placing a hand on Lin Xingzhi’s neck.

Lin Xingzhi reflexively shut his eyes tightly.

“Stop.”

A cold, unfettered voice uttered. Shi Qing raised an eyebrow as he turned to meet the gaze of the frowning Gu Qiushu.

His lips curled into a smirk as he waved his hand once more.

The puppet wordlessly lowered its hand at his command.

Only then did Lin Xingzhi gasp for breath. The dungeons were impervious to wind, but he felt a chill settling into his body. The disciple trembled with cold sweat dotting his forehead.

Shi Qing didn’t even spare him a glance. He only smiled and took a few steps forward, circling around Gu Qiushu a few times.

Gu Qiushu remained motionless throughout. Despite someone looking at him like he was some sort of attraction, he looked forward into the distance with disinterest. His ice sculpture-like face remained emotionless.

Peipeipei. You’re so amusing, Gu Qiushu. You act like nothing can get under your skin, that you’re oh so cold and aloof. Turns out barely threatening a third-generation disciple of your Heavenly Derivation Sect is all it takes to make you squirm.”

The previously motionless man’s sword-wielding hand tightened slightly, but he maintained his silence.

However, that didn’t escape Shi Qing’s notice.

The young Sect Master of the Steel Bones Sect who only took on the mantle five days ago smirked lightly. A pair of clear, bright peach blossom eyes were very incongruent with his current actions. He circled around to face Gu Qiushu.

“Looks like I just need to detain those little disciples from the Heavenly Derivation Sect to make you play along.”

He didn’t get angry when Gu Qiushu ignored him. Instead, he humorously sized up the person in front of him. “Your demeanour isn’t bad for a man trapped in the dungeons. Commendable that you refuse to show weakness even now.”

Then Shi Qing’s gaze stilled for a moment on his shoulder. “You’re injured?”

But before he could touch Gu Qiushu there, the frowning man had already stepped back to avoid his hand.

This left Shi Qing’s well-maintained, fair, and slender fingers hovering not so awkwardly in midair.

“Impudent! How dare you treat the Sect Master with such disrespect!”

The disciples of the Steel Bones Sect all drew their swords at what they perceived to be an insult to their Sect Master.

Gu Qiushu remained as cold as ever with no intention of backing down.