Chapter 159

Thank you to an anonymous reader for the Ko-fi!

Editor: Sahloknir

Shi Qing’s declaration didn’t just make the young cultivators locked up freeze, even the Steel Bones Sect disciples stared at him in disbelief.

When did their Sect Master become a medical expert??

“Look at you all. You have so many hidden injuries on your body despite coming from righteous immortal sects. Can your sects not afford to raise pharmacists or something?”

The disciples in the dungeons all stared at Shi Qing with a mixture of confusion and wariness.

After glancing at each other for a few moments, a white-robed disciple stepped forward. After respectfully saluting Shi Qing with clasped fists, he asked, “Sect Master Shi, may I ask what a ‘pharmacist’ is?”

“Yeah, me too. I’ve travelled all over, but I’ve never heard of ‘pharmacists’ before.”

“Is it another term for physician?”

“Maybe the Steel Bones Sect calls them a different name than us?”

The group of immortal sect disciples murmured amongst themselves, befuddled.

The Steel Bones Sect disciples didn’t know what ‘pharmacists’ were either.

But none of them dared to ask. They just looked down and played dead.

Looking at these immortal sect disciples who quickly forgot they were locked up in a dungeon as they became more and more engaged in discussion, Shi Qing could see how they were truly inner sect disciples.

None of them wanted for food and water growing up. Their days were filled with cultivation and occasional trips down the mountain to uphold justice and explore secret realms.

They’ve been raised into a bunch of silly, naive little fools.

Shi Qing tilted his head towards a jittery Steel Bones Sect disciple who didn’t even dare to breathe. “Is that Gu Qiushu like them too?”

The Steel Bones Sect disciple didn’t know what Shi Qing was referring to. He could only try to make his answer vague. “He isn’t as talkative as the others. He’s been silently sitting cross-legged on the floor since he was brought in.”

Shi Qing nodded. “Not the talkative type, huh? That’s okay. I’ll just speak enough for the both of us.”

When the disciple who just spoke overheard their words, his eyes lit up. He hastily closed the distance between them. “Sect Master Shi, is Shishu here too? Since Sect Master Shi bears us no ill will, can you let Shishu stay with us?”

Shi Qing sized this disciple up.

The people of immortal sects were all above average in terms of appearance, and this disciple was no different. His features were handsome, his brows thick with a sense of innocence. But that was to be expected given how naive his peers behind him were.

“You’re from the Heavenly Derivation Sect? Since you call Gu Qiushu your shishu, are you a third generation disciple?”

The young cultivator hurriedly clasped his fist and saluted again. “This one is Lin Zeng, Lin Xingzhi. I am a third generation disciple of the Heavenly Derivation Sect.”

After he introduced himself and his sect, he looked up again. “Since Sect Master Shi bears us no ill will, can you let us go?”

Shi Qing paid him no mind. He asked the Steel Bones Sect disciple next to him, “Which dungeon is Gu Qiushu in?”