Chapter 129.2

Anonymous reader, thank you for the Ko-fi!

Editor: Sahloknir

Jiang Bieyu had never thought that Shi Qing, who was so openly reckless on the outside and arrogant on account of his family's background, had such an informed perspective.

He had only met Shi Qing a few days ago. Everything he knew about the little master was through hearsay.

It was said that he was the only son of the Shi family, so he had been given everything he wanted growing up.

In the past, Jiang Bieyu dismissed him as a wastrel.

When he arrived at the Shi family, he revised his opinion of Shi Qing to a good-looking wastrel.

Only now did he realise...this little master was good-looking, but he was certainly no wastrel.

Jiang Bieyu thought that perhaps Shi Qing was not unaware of the current situation, nor was he really stupid and ignorant.

He was intelligent, though spoiled and a little naive. Evidenced by the fact that he had told Jiang Bieyu everything without reservation.

The little master of the Shi family, their Qing-er, wasn't unaware of his family's situation, the current state of the world, and the false prosperity of Crane City.

He just saw it in more simple terms.

Jiang Bieyu could even guess what Shi Qing was thinking.

As the only son of the Shi family, their only heir, he would not be allowed to go anywhere in his life.

Even if he had a sharp mind and thorough reasoning, his status as the Shi family's little master was already enough to hold him back.

Therefore, he couldn't do anything even if he knew what would happen.

It would be better to remain the spoiled little master, who didn't need to worry about a thing.

Jiang Bieyu had always known the importance of military power.

He also knew that although they were in chaotic times, the commoners were just interested in staying alive.

But in reality, chaotic times were also the best for seizing opportunities.

In times of peace and prosperity, those who could not climb up the ladder because of their lowly status were stuck. But in times of chaos, where might makes right, anyone could be a king.

Jiang Bieyu's intention all along was to leave the Jiang family and slowly accumulate some military power while laying low.

But then his aunt passed away and Jiang Bieyu was caught off guard by Jiang Liye pushing him out to take the blame.

His plans didn't change when he arrived at the Shi family. He still intended to lay low and then find a way to leave.

The man had even devised a plan about how to amass power afterwards already.

But now, from Shi Qing's mouth, he heard almost an exact replica of what he had been thinking.

Jiang Bieyu's hand was still on the youth's waist.

He was still holding the other in his arms.

Before, the only reason he did this was to prevent Shi Qing from falling.

Now, that hand unconsciously tightened its grip.

There was a time when Jiang Bieyu thought that Shi Qing was a golden canary with a beautiful singing voice.