Chapter 1

I sit in the audience seat on the basketball court. My chest moves up and down.

I rest here in a break from cheerleading practice.

My name is y/n. I am 20 years old. I am a business student at Konkuk University. I will graduate in three years.

I am an average student here. My grade is fine and I am quite active in Co-curricular activities.

"Y/n-ah"

I look up and see Minji.

She is my best friend and my deskmate. We are from the same faculty, have the same age, and have a lot of things in common.

Just like now! We joined the cheerleader team together.

Minji walks towards me. She throws the water bottle onto my lap and takes a seat beside me.

"Yah, thank you," says me, loosening the cap and I gulp down the water to quench my thirst.

Minji grabs my arm and stops me from drinking and I look at her with a confused look. "What?"

"Is your shoulder okay?" asked Minji, pointing to my right shoulder with her pursing lips.

"Ah, this?" I hold my right shoulder, massage it slowly, and then stretch it. "It's fine. I'm good now"

"I'm glad. I think that bitch is purposely doing it. I saw her moving away when you were in the air. She purposely let you fall" said Minji angrily.

"I know. But whatever. There are only a few days left. The competition is on Tuesday next week, right?"

"Yeah" said Minji.

"Yah! Both of you!"

I am startled at the sudden yell at me. I quickly shift my gaze down to the court.

It is Jia, the bitch that purposely hurt me. I don't know what this bitch has gotten to do with me. She is looking for a fight since day one of the practice.

"What the fuck you guys are still chatting when we all already have our asses here? If you're tired, we're all tired too" continued Jia

Minji and I quickly get up and rush down to the court.

To my bad luck, I trip and fall two steps from the bottom.

I hissed as my ankle hurt.

I press down my ankle and massage it with my thumb.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Minji asks me in concern.

"You're so reckless, y/n. That's why you keep messing up the rehearsal too" says Jia with hands folded, looking at me like I am so problematic here.

I lower my head, choosing to be quiet even though I feel a burst in my chest.

Then, Minji offers me support and I get up with her help.

I endure the pain and slowly let go of Minji's support. We walk to the team and I strangely feel I don't belong there. Everyone's eyes are on me like they are judging me. Like I am the problematic one here.

And I still can feel the sharp glare from Jia. Her glare is suffocating me the most.

Jia rolls her eyes at me and then claps twice to get everyone's attention. "Okay guys, let's continue the rehearsal"

"Okay, for today we end here first and we will continue it again tomorrow. So, good job everyone and you guys can go" said Jia.

I let out a heavy sigh of relief. It's very tiring today. And torturing too and! Finally, it's over for today.