Chapter 2

"Geez, Miss Hong is so fucking stingy. How the fuck she gave me C for my fucking long-ass assignment. Even if it's wrong, she should consider giving me the marks for my effort"

I hear Minji's complaint while we're walking to a cafe.

"I know right? It's MISS Hong. People say a person will get softer after marriage"

Minji laughs, "Are you telling me she has to get married?" asks her, seeming about to burst.

I laugh at her facial expression.

"Fuck y/n, you talk rubbish"

I laugh hard and then I shake my head. "Gosh"

My smile flatten when I see POLICE DO NOT CROSS tape across the entrance of the basketball court. I also see two officers standing guard.

I slow my step and turn to Minji, "What happens?"

"Oh, you don't know?" asks Minji.

I frown in confusion.

"Ah, I forgot that you were late to class today," says Minji which gets me dying of curiosity.

"Yah, what happened" ask me again.

"Jia is dead. She was murdered last night"

My eyes widened in shock. I can not believe what I've heard. It's so sudden. It's nonsense.

And I am speechless too.

Minji leans forward and lowers her voice to whisper to me, "I heard it was her boyfriend who murdered her"

My gaze on Minji gets more intense. I am still not able to believe that she was murdered and now it was her boyfriend that murdered her?

"Are you fucking serious, Minji-ah???" ask me.

She notices that I am shocked in disbelief "Yes, I am serious"

I turn my head, looking at the court's entrance again.

The POLICE DO NOT ACROSS tape... And the officers itself. It cannot be a joke.

And Minji says that it was her boyfriend who.. I turn my head to Minji, "Are you sure it is her boyfriend that killed her??"

"I'm not really sure. It's just hearsay. Some kids say she was with her boyfriend last night"

I frown. If I am not mistaken, her boyfriend... Minhwa. That guy is soft. How can he do that? How?

"Ah, yes. They say the guard found his boyfriend with her. At that time, she was lying dead. She was covered in blood and had so many wounds. So, maybe..."

My eyes flickered, my mouth parted away and I quickly covered my mouth with my palm, "Gosh, I cannot believe it" said me and shook my head.

"Why y/n?"

"Her boyfriend is Minhwa. Do you know Minhwa?"

"I know him. But I don't know what he's like because I am not close to him. Why? Do you know him personally?"

"Yes. He's a very soft and nice guy. I swear to God, he's really nice. There was one time, I left my earbuds in the cafe but I almost reached the computer lab. If I go back, I would be late. You know how far it was. And he saw I was panicking. He asked me why and I told him about that. So, he helped me get it and after that, he had my earbuds and gave them to me. I swear the way he talked, the way he approached me, he's a nice guy"

"Oh God" Minji gasps.

"I-I really can't believe this," says me.

"We can't trust anyone. I mean not all people that look nice are nice" says Minji.