Chapter 38

I am lying on my side, I extend my forearm which I got the brand. It's still hurt and still wrapped in the bandage.

I'm still appalled by last night. 

My mind pulls back to reality when I hear Jungkook getting out of the bathroom. 

I stay frozen, unbothered.

I don't pretend to sleep. My eyes stare blankly at the wall. 

Then, I hear Jungkook start whistling. 

I know he wants my attention.

I don't give a damn about this liar ass! My forearm hurts. And my heart too! 

But my heart hurts more.

Later, Jungkook pulls a chair from the dressing table to place it in front of me. He's holding a tray full with medical dressing tools and ointment too. 

He sits on the chair and puts the tray on the small table beside the bed.

I am so mad that he's stiĺ showing up in front of my face, so I furrow my brows at him angrily.

He ignores me and grabs my hand. 

I pull my hands off him but he doesn't let me go. 

"You gotta get your brand cleaned, honey. Or else you'll get your hand cut out of infection" says him. 

I feel sticky inside my bandage, so maybe he's right.

I obey, stop struggling. 

When I'm quiet, he leans at me and I can smell the fresh bath scent on him. 

The scent is so prominent, probably because he's still in the bathrobe. 

He opens my bandage carefully.

I see some blood on the bandage and on my forearm too. I am shocked and he notices. 

He leaves the bandage open, then takes the cotton with tweezers, he cleans my brand.

"It's normal, you have to get this clean for one week" says him with his eyes are focusing on my brand. 

Sometimes it hurts that I hiss and he stops briefly every time I do.

He's so gentle this time. But that does not mean I can forgive him for last night.

I want to confront him so much.

"You lied" says me. 

He puts away the dirty cotton and he pulls the dirty bandage off my forearm.

He pours a little bit of ointment on the new cotton, then he turns at me again, focusing on my brand. 

"About what?" asks him while dabbing the cotton gently onto my brand. 

"You said I would get a tattoo. But you were branding me" says me. 

"Oh.." 

I stared at him sharply. He doesn't look guilty at all. 

"Inks are dangerous for the baby. And branding is just a scar and it's permanent, no matter what" he says. 

"You lie. Branding is far more dangerous. I almost died last night" says me even though I don't know.

He scoffs. "You were just freaking out. And this, you will feel better after tomorrow. I know, I got some brands too" says him. 

I just stare at him. I don't know what to argue anymore. 

"But still, you have to take care of this for one week" he says and then he rolls the new bandage around my forearm neatly.