Chapter 80

I open my eyes. I try to sit up, but I feel so damn dizzy, so I slump my head back into the pillow and I sigh.

Maybe it's because I cried a lot last night and didn't get a good night's sleep either.

"Lady, are you okay?"

Startled, I flinched at the sudden sound of a voice emanating from my periphery in the distance.

I see a housekeeper standing near the wall.

"When did you get into my room?" I ask her seriously.

"One-two hours ago, Lady," she says.

I sit up and lean my back against the headboard.

She's been here quite long!

"Why?" I ask.

"I am told to wait until you wake up".

A frown creases my features as I avert my gaze. The understanding of this eludes me entirely.

As she approaches, my gaze once again fixates upon her figure.

"May I open the curtain for you, lady?" She asks.

I nod.

She goes to open the curtain.

I lower my head and surrender to the labyrinthine corridors of my mind.

Actually, I can't believe what I heard about Jungkook last night.

The anger I harboured towards him before has dissipated. Right now, the situation is not in accordance with what is just and fair. The sensation of emptiness pervades my being at present.

Shit, I hate whatever mixed and weird feelings I have.

I turn my head to look at the wall clock. It's 9 a.m. now.

"Did Jungkook have breakfast?" I ask the housekeeper.

"No, Lady".

"Why?"

"Because Master just went into his room one hour ago. I think he's sleeping because he didn't sleep last night," she says.

I remember smelling the alcohol on him last night. Maybe he continues drinking after finding me.

"Oh, why? What was he doing? Drinking?" I ask her.

The housekeeper turns at me. "No, Lady. I think he's worried about you," she says.

"Worried? About me? How do you know?" I queried in a state of incredulity, my gaze fixed intently upon her, my eagerness for her response palpable.

"Hmm. He had been standing in front of your room's door, leaning his ear against your door like he's trying to hear you".

I turn my head ahead. Why? Why is he worries of me? What is he thinking?

I recall how I felt last night.

Maybe it's because I was crying and I didn't answer any of his questions. I didn't even talk.

Does he think that I'm going to kill myself?

Hell, no! I won't be fucking leaving Seol!

Now I know why the housekeeper has been here since one hour ago. He must have her in my room to watch me.

That man's thoughts are always weird.

I throw my head down again, and I sigh.

But I can't help that Jungkook is still in my mind. It is about the thing that I learned about him yesterday.