Chapter 3

"I still cannot believe that she's dead," says Youngji, my classmate.

Almost every day, I hear this same conversation.

Almost all people here talk about her.

My phone rings, distracting me from this gloomy mood.

"Happy Birthday, babe"

Instantly, my corner lips curl. "Thank you, Jungkook-ah. I thought you forget" said me, sounding a little bit sulking.

"Mmm.. Sorry. I was working last night and yeah. Sorry"

"You were working until late at night?"

Jungkook is startled, he realizes he has slipped out the thing he shouldn't tell her. "The deadline is too tight. So, yeah. I was working until late at night"

"Awwh poor my baby"

He giggles. "I'm fine. Let's have a birthday dinner together. At my home"

"Oh.." I bite my lower lip. I have cheerleading practice tonight. "Jungkook-ah, I'm very very thankful but I can't. I have cheerleading practice tonight. I have to overwork since the team loses the leader. So, we have to change some choreo and have to make it until this Tuesday. I'm sorry"

Jungkook kicks his tongue against his cheek. That bitch is already dead but still fucking trouble people. "Ah, it's okay. But what about this afternoon?"

"Mmm. Wait, let me see my class schedule" says me and open the gallery on my phone.

"Oh, I have class until 5 pm. Your office time ends at 6 pm, right? Hmm.. I have practice at 7 pm. So.. How?" Asks me in a dilemma. Everything is too tight to make it.

Jungkook in thoughts for a while. If he tells her that he makes an early leave, she will smell something off here.

"What about lunch break? Do you at least have a two hours break?" asks him.

"Mmm. I do! I have a break from 12 pm to 3 pm" says me excitedly. Of course, I am so excited. To spend time with my love on my birthday.

"That's great. I'll pick you up at around 12.30 pm" says him.

"Alright!"

"I can't wait to see you. I love you" says him.

"Me too, honey. Me too, I love you"

"What is it, Jungkook-ahhh," asks me. He was closing my eyes with his palms and walking me somewhere.

"Just a little bit more, babe," says him and giggles.

"Ah, I'm so curious and can't really wait, honey," says me, and just follow where he wants to bring me. But my heart keeps beating in excitement.

He stops. "Okay, here we are," says him and takes his palms off my eyes.

I open my eyes and gasp. I see the birthday decoration on the wall, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVE. And some red-white balloons with confetti scattered on the floor.

The curtains remain closed to let the candle glows in this room.

I see a small round dining table in the center of the room. There are steaks, grilled salmon, and some sweet desserts.

Obviously, it is supposed to be a romantic dinner tonight. Ah, whatever, he's so fucking romantic.

Gosh, I don't know he's that romantic. My heart melts for him.

He sees her eyes enlightened with happiness and full of amazement. He can see those emotions within her.

"Do you like it?" asks him.