Chapter 88

I walk to the front door of mansion, head lowered, I'm looking at my feet, but I am lost in my thoughts.

Jungkook...

He's neither good nor bad.

The reason? I don't even want to talk about it because I don't want to feel bad for loving him.

I stand in front of the door.

Weirdly, the housekeeper isn't at the door to greet me like she always does.

It's not a problem, but it's just weird.

I open the door.

"Home, babe?"

It's Jungkook's voice, I quickly raise my head and meet his eyes.

I try to read him. He looks serious and different from yesterday. But I'm not so sure because who knows if he will curl a smile to me later.

He walks towards me and looks at his wristwatch. "It's 8.33 p.m." he says and looks at me, "You're late to home and you don't answer my call" he says.

Now I can confirm that he's unpleased with me.

We've just reconciled, I don't want to fight with him.

I force myself to curl a smile at him and I tiptoe, I link my arms around his neck. "I'm sorry, I fell asleep at my villa" I say.

Jungkook turns his head, looking at y/n. He is not sure if she tells the truth.

Her phone location said she was at Seohwa's grave before she went to her villa which makes him feel unconvenience.

I can feel that Jungkook doesn't believe me.

He's not responding and let the silent cold runs between us.

My smile flattens and I remove my arms around his neck.

I clear my throat and look at him again.

Maybe, it's a time for a bit of confrontation. Because we both are almost there, to be happy. Just a little bit to fix and we will be there.

"I have something to ask you, Jungkook".

"What?" He asks.

"You're suddenly being so nice to me. Why?"

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"I don't understand, how can you suddenly is nice to me. I don't understand the switch of your character. Lately, you've been acting like a guy who I was dating 2 years ago. Who was actually never exist. And I won't believe he ever existed".

Jungkook's gaze sharpens.

"Y/n" he calls my name and brings his face close to me.

I know when he calls my name, I probably annoy or anger him.

"You think, I switch my character?" he asks.

I don't answer him.

"You're kinda right, but I don't like the words you choose. It's as I switch my character to the fake character. Everything you see about me is real. The only thing you can't see is what is in my heart. I always return people the same energy or treatment they give me" he says and his gaze is sharp into my eyes.

I maintain my stare into his eyes.

"How? Like what?"

"They are cruel for money and power, I become cruel and take those from them. They destroyed me, I destroyed them. They wanted to kill me, I kill them. I always return the same energy people give to me. Maybe not really if I do better than them but it's not my fault".