Chapter 55

I open my eyes. My sight is blurry and I keep blinking until I have a clear sight of Jungkook standing in front of the mirror, buttoning up his shirt.

He's looking at me through the mirror, then he turns his body towards me. "Good morning," he says.

I sit upright, lean my back against the headboard, and I look around. The power supply has come back.

"What's wrong?" he asks me as he notices I am examining the room.

"The power has come back?"

"Oh.. yes, "he nods.

I stare at him. He notices me and returns me the smile.

I actually want to confront him about the weird thing about power supply last night. Whether it was really because of the bad weather or because of his psychotic ass.

"Jungkook"

"Yes?"

"Last night, I woke up. I opened the curtain and saw the hotel entrance was bright. The traffic too. It's just your house that was dark, "I say to him.

"So?" He cocks a brow at me.

"S-so, did you purposely do it?" I ask seriously.

He chuckles, making me very uneasy.

"Yah, how could you accuse me? It was because of bad weather. It's totally normal to get some bright but some not, "says him.

I don't understand what he is saying. How is that possible?

Jungkook notices my confused look. "Okay, so the thunder struck the power box. There are a lot of circuits to be fixed. I told them to fix the customer's floors first, then us. You already know that they will complain if it's late," he says.

"How can they fix the others if they have some turned on? Isn't it dangerous? " I ask him.

"It's not. And you're not a technician, so don't talk too much. Google if you want," he says.

          "Sir, the result," says Seungmin and holds out the A4 envelope to Taehyung.

In response to Taehyung's gaze, Seungmin hastily averts his own.

"Have you seen it?" asks Taehyung.

"Huh? No," answers Seungmin.

Taehyung looks at the envelope. It's still sealed. Then, he looks at Seungmin again. "You should take a look first," he says.

Seungmin's eyes widen. "No! No, sir. It's yours, not mine," says Seungmin in strong rejection.

Taehyung grabs the envelope out of Seungmin's hand and settles down on the couch.

He props his head on the couch, tilts his neck back, and closes his eyes in a tight clench.

He really hopes that y/n isn't his sister.

"Sir, I excuse myself," says Seungmin and gets out of the house.

Taehyung opens his eyes and watches Seungmin leave.

Then he lets out a deep sigh. No matter the outcome, that is how things actually are. Being at ease with the lies he's been telling himself is no way to live.

He tears off the top of the envelope, then pulls out the papers.

As he holds it, his heart pounds wildly.

He skims through the result, and his eyes pause at the final result.

His mouth quivers. Tears of despair welled up in his eyes. "What?" his voice cracks.

Who? (Jungkook FF)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें