Chapter 39

"Kim Taehyung.... Jeon Jungkook... Unmatched DNA" Jungkook mutters under his breath. 

That is what he wishes the result would be.

But this result comes from Haejin. Under Haejin's handling. That old hag and Yeonji can just manipulate the result in the way they want.

Fucking unreliable, so he crumples the result test and throws it into the bin. 

He isn't waiting for this. He's waiting for the ones that he had submitted to the laboratory by himself and nobody knows about it. 

Literally nobody.

That's what the fucking he should do from the start. Nobody is on his side in the first place. 

He takes his phone out of his pocket and calls the man that he pays to watch y/n whenever she steps outside. 

"Where is y/n now?" asks Jungkook.

"She just left the grave"

Jungkook hangs up the call. He already knows where she's going next. 

Seohwa's house. 

He tilts his head. He can feel Y/n will find something. Incidentally or intentionally... because she knows Seohwa better. 

        I stand in front of my door's house. 

My heart pounds violently. I'm scared.

I'm scared if suddenly my memories of my mother hit me and I'll get hurt.

Furthermore, I have a lot of regrets about her death.

If she really made the loan with the loan sharks, I regret knowing it late. 

I regret spending her money recklessly. I should work my ass for the money.

I feel regret for every penny I spent on stupid things. Like expensive drinks, unnecessary things.

I should have known that. 

What a fucker life I was living. Whatever happens in my life now, I'm literally paying for my own sins. 

I grab the doorknob.

"Lady" the driver calls me while coming at me. 

"You forgot the key" says the driver.

"Oh, thank you". I take the key and unlock the door.

As soon as I open the door, my heart breaks to see that this house is so dark and the dusts just everywhere.

It's like this house is abandoned. 

But what am I even expecting then? Of course it is abandoned. 

This house was never this gloomy. 

Suddenly, I hear my old self laughing. I recall it too vividly, so I turn my head away, take several deep breaths.

After that, I get into the house. This house isn't warm anymore. It's cold and so dead.

My eyes are straight on the stairs to the bedrooms. 

I haven't looked through my mother's personal belongings yet. Jungkook took me literally one day after my mother's funeral. 

I go upstairs and stand in between two rooms. 

My room and my mother's room. 

I am curious about my mother's personal belongings, like if she kept the documents about making a loan. 

I'm curious but I need to go through my room first.

I really hope to find my citizenship card, my passport and everything that is important.