Chapter 54

"Have you submitted the test to the DNA laboratory?" asks Taehyung to Seungmin.

"Yes" says Seungmin.

"How long will it take? I can't wait," says Taehyung.

"I've submitted it to the laboratory that can generate the result within 24 hours, sir. Rest assured"

Instantly, he becomes more nervous. He's so overwhelmed by the feelings of curiosity and also fear of knowing the truth.

Taehyung keeps rubbing his hands together, quivering, and Seungmin notices this.

Seungmin starts to feel bad if y/n is really Taehyung's sister. The fact that he was covering her foster mother's death and he was even sending her to Jungkook by his own hand when he could try to do something

"Seungmin" Taehyung calls Seungmin.

"Y-yes?" Seungmin is startled as he is lost in thought.

"What could the result be? Do you think she's my sister?" asks Taehyung.

Seungmin lowers his eyes and tilts his head. "I don't know".

"Be honest. Don't comfort me, I'm not a kid, "says Taehyung seriously, even though, deep in his heart, he's looking for comfort.

Seungmin thinks deeper. Frustration is written all over his face.

"What do you think?" asks Taehyung again while looking seriously at Seungmin.

"I-I think.. She is..." says Seungmin, almost inaudible.

Taehyung throws his head upward. "Ah, fuck. Why? "

"Jungkook used to sample you, right? Who knows for this reason? ", suggests Seungmin.

Taehyung furrows "Wait, isn't it for paternal confirmation, whether I'm Minho's son or not?"

If it is, why hasn't he said anything? If you're not Minho's son, why has he not said anything? Isn't that what he wants? " asks Seungmin.

"I don't know. I just thought Jungkook is having bad blood with Yeongji now. Jungkook could not get Minho's DNA profile because Yeongji is powerful. You know that old bitch has political power," says Taehyung, and he rolls his eyes.

"But still, he can test with his own blood. Whether you're his half brother or not, "asserts Seungmin."

Taehyung starts to feel a headache. "Fuck, I don't know what that fucker is thinking!" he yells in frustration.

Seungmin is quiet. Taehyung looks so messed up. He regrets about having said that now that it's probably weighing on Taehyung's thoughts.

            I feel better and go out of the room. I smell food. It smells so delicious.

I go to the dining room, where I see Jungkook is serving meals on the table.

"Perfect time. I'm just done cooking. Nothing much, just ox bone soup and stir-fried vegetables. Sit, babe," he says, and he pulls the chair for me.

I hate him, but I must admit that my hunger is making it hard to stay mad at him. I go to sit and look at the meal. My mouth is watering. The food suits my appetite.

He puts the milk in front of me and sits beside me.

I look at my glass, then at his. He has Soju. I know I can't drink it, but can he have some respect? I miss drinking.

I look back at my rice bowl and think about what I should put in it. He's holding the spoon and then scooping the soup for me.

Then, he puts vegetables in my bowl. "Eat vegetables too," he says, and he stares at me.