Chapter 31

Taehyung was left alone in the room. He stares blankly at the sitting table with a lot of thoughts playing in his head.

That old man offers him help just if only he's agreed for that. 

But his natural instinct just told him to be careful. 

It can be that the old man just wants to make use of him. And what if he even lied to him about he's the real son to Minho?

But he can't just blatantly reject his offer. He, alone, would never ever be able to defeat those nasty people. 

He sighs. It's so annoying to decide about it.

Then, he just remembered about y/n matter too. That's so shocking too. 

Why did Jungkook kill her mother? Just why? Thinking again, he's not the type to kill an old woman in the house. All his hunts before just the random people that he came across to. Especially when he's in a bad mood. 

Aish, he should have been suspicious earlier. Shit.

And y/n... She's just a university student if he's not mistaken.

Taehyung closes his eyes, trying to puzzle things. 

Let's say Jungkook is just having his hormone level crazy at the age of 26 and this psychopath is looking for a romantic relationship. Then he happened to meet y/n. Y/n's mother just got killed because y/n annoyed him. It's the way Jungkook teaches her. Or his mother just got killed for not liking him. 

Or Jungkook is just really crazy about y/n but he doesn't win her heart, so he has a relationship with her mother instead and then kills her mother so that he can be with her. 

This sounds right but does a psychopath have a heart? Is he capable of falling in love?

It can't be that way. 

There must be something else. Furthermore, that guy is living in a dark world, there's no way he would meet a mere university girl. 

The sound of a quick door knock and open has Taehyung's mind pulled back to reality.

Taehyung turns his head at the doorway and sees Seungmin standing there. 

"Sir, Jungkook's people are looking for you at your port" says Seungmin, panicked. He's worried if it's about Y/N. But little did he know, it's actually about Jungkook wanting to sample Taehyung's DNA. 

Taehyung frowns. "Why?"

"I-I don't know sir. B-but I'm.. I'm so worried if it's about-"

"Y/n?"

"Yes. It's dangerous that you're doing this. I don't see any good about this And I don't know why you do this" says Seungmin. He starts to feel so unpleasant about taking y/n with them.

Taehyung turns his head ahead, thinking. Don't see any good? "No..." Taehyung mutters but it is audible enough for Seungmin to hear him. 

"It's not bad that I do this" says Taehyung, pausing and then he turns his head at Seungmin again. 

"Run a background check on y/n's mother," says Taehyung.

"Huh?" Seungmin is disbelief to what he'd heard. It's so random and doesn't he worry about this situation at all? Furthermore she's already dead. 

"Find her job, her husband and if she's a divorcee, find who's her husband. And find her background details" says Taehyung.

"Sir, but she's dead," says Seungmin.

"If she's dead, is her story dead too?" asks Taehyung cynically.

Seungmin shut his lips tight. And he's still confused.