Chapter 90

"How do you know that?" Jungkook asks me again, insisting that I tell him.

"It doesn't matter, Jungkook. I really can't find the answer. What do you want to be saved from? Can you please tell me?" I ask.

Jungkook's eyes are so intense, and he looks so uncomfortable.

"Jungkook?" I call him when he leaves me unanswered for so long.

He turns his head away from me.

"I don't want to talk about it," he says without looking at me.

"Why?" I ask.

"It is something so personal. Please don't ask anymore," he says.

I lower my head. I'm so disappointed. But I have to respect his decision.

It could be a trauma. Whoever he is, I have to empathize with him as I empathize with other people.

He is a human too. And that happened when he was only a child.

I nod to myself and lift my head toward him. "I'm sorry," I say.

He looks at me. "Don't. Don't be sorry. I'm happy that you were digging into me. That means you care about me. I'm really happy," he says.

My lips parted.

He puts his arms around me, hugging me again.

"You must have a good reason to do that. Just like how you were attracted to me because I seemed like a cold person. And you wanted to warm my heart. Do you want to help me this time?" he asks.

I bite my lower lip slightly. I feel so guilty. At that time, I was working to get bad information about him to expose him.

Am I so evil?

But I intended to stop him too, which I thought helped him.

But to be honest, at that time, I was more into saving myself, and I desperately wanted Seol.

I feel so guilty, and a drop of tears falls from my eyes.

I quickly wiped my tears away. "I'm sorry," I say.

Jungkook is quiet and understands that her apology means the answer is no.

He looks at her and notices she doesn't turn her head at him and is quiet because she feels guilty.

He doesn't want her to feel that way.

And he wants to believe that she has actually been caring about him and only doesn't realize that.

"Whatever the reason, my feelings toward you don't change. And I know all the things you are doing, whether they are good or bad; you have a good intention," he says.

I look at Jungkook again. What he is saying is beyond my expectations.

Now, I have the thought that, all of the time, he can actually understand all the things I do.

He is only against me because my plan isn't going the way he wants.

"How are you so sure?" I ask.

He shifts his eyes from me to the sea.

Then he takes a deep breath and lets it out.

"It's not hard to understand you, actually." Jungkook pauses, recalling the time when Y/N was trying to kill him.

And he could understand her. She only didn't know about a lot of things.

"That's why, no matter what, my feelings for you never change. I always want you," Jungkook says.