Chapter 25

"Are you bothered with the mere girl that you hid?" asks Yeongji with an angry frown.

Jungkook rolls his eyes. It's not that. It's just funny how arranged marriages exist in real life too. I thought it just happened in the drama.

Yeongji scoffs. "This isn't about an arranged marriage," she says as she approaches him. "Listen, my dear son. I'm just suggesting it. I would never force you. What forces you now is your needs. Don't blame me. "

He clenches his hands. This old woman has a sharp mouth.

He's slowly opening his hand back, calming down. "I'm tired. I want to go rest," he says, and he walks past her.

She stands frozen for three seconds. She can't tell what he is thinking. Is he mad because of that girl, or is it really because of the arranged marriage?

She turns back and watches Jungkook walking away.

Her heart is still uneased even though she got him speechless.

         I close the door and climb into bed.

It's my second night here. I feel more scared. It's because I already experienced it last night and I seriously don't want it anymore.

Furthermore, it's raining heavily outside. The sound of muffled thunder in the sky scared me.

This all got me feeling so devastated. A dark night with the natural fear of being alone in the middle of nowhere. Nothing is more devastating than this.

I wish he had at least one person here to be with me at night. Thinking about it, he really should do it. Doesn't he worry if some bad guys break into this house and do bad to me?

But it's good though. If someone breaks into this house...

I exhale a sigh. I should live for reality rather than fantasy.

I scoot myself backward until my back touches the wall, then I lay my head on the bed.

Actually, I moved my bed to the wall earlier so that I could just guard myself from one side and one view.

I keep the light on too. Even though it is dark outside, I leave the lights on in the living room and kitchen. Honestly, all rooms.

I pull the blanket over my head and pinch my eyes shut.

I just need to go to sleep and wake up in the morning.

But I can't and I've been trying for a long time. Maybe because I was sleeping too much in the evening.

That's so frustrating.

I start to feel the chill in my back as my body hair stands up.

I quickly move backward and press my back against the wall.

I hate this feeling. It tortures my mind and exhausts me.

Suddenly, I hear a loud metallic sound fall onto the floor. It's from down there.

My heart skips a beat and I almost jump in fear.

It could be just the frying pan falling down due to the natural situation. It's not a ghost.

Fuck! Did I just say ghost?

I press my lips together and pinch my eyes closed. I am too scared. I don't even want to think about it.

The lighting is followed by the thunder again, and I hear a sudden sound as the power is cut. My face turns pale in a second.

Please don't.

I lift my blanket a little bit to make sure of it.

Everything really turns black.

My eyes flicker and my breath starts to tremble.

I feel like I almost can't breathe. No matter how hard I inhale, I don't feel oxygen in my lungs.

I feel so helpless and am silently shedding tears. 

I don't dare make a sound. I don't want to cry out loud alone in the dark night either. It will just make me more eerie.

***

          Jungkook pushes open the front door.

Dark. So dark inside.

She doesn't open the curtain. It's almost noon now. Why the fuck did she let herself live in the dark? At least turn on the lamp.

He enters and locks the door. After that, he turns on the lamp switch, but it doesn't work.

Did the power get cut? When?

He starts to worry if it's been since last night and there's a high possibility of it. It was a heavy rain storm last night.

He quickly goes up and he opens his room, she isn't here.

Then, he goes and opens the next door.

He sees her laying on the bed, backing him up, facing the wall.

He can't see whether she's awake or whether she's still sleeping.

He walks towards her and sits on the bed behind her.

        I feel Jungkook's presence behind me. Then, he places his fingers on my arm.

My lips tremble. I am sick of him. heartless Evil!

"Babe", he jerks his head at me.

He sees she is awake. It's quite dark in the room, but he can see she's not fine.

"Babe, look at me, turn at me," he says.

I clench my fist. How dare he command me after all of this?

"Are you sulking? Was the power out since last night?" he asks.

My chest burns when he talks about the power supply.

"Y/n," he starts addressing me by name.

He holds my arm, but I quickly swing my arm away from him and turn slightly toward him.

He can see her clearly when she turns to him. Her eyes are swelling, and so is her face too.

"Let me go! I don't want to keep being locked here, I said, and I lay back, turning my back to him.

My eyes start shedding tears again.

"Yeah, if you're crying because the power was out last night, yeah.. what should I do? And, yeah, I forgot to supply you with the emergency light. I'll go get the brightest one that can light up this whole house later," he says.

He burns my chest even more. At least say sorry first!

I clench my hands and more tears fall down until my lips tremble to sob. But I do my best to not let it slip away, even though it is sometimes difficult.

He is so unpleasant and so unsettling that she still doesn't stop crying.

He puts his hand on my waist. "Y/n, it's just an accident and something unavoidable." I can't do anything, and even though you're crying now, it won't change anything. But next time, don't worry, I'll get the lamp, "says he.