chapter 40

"What's wrong?"

"I... I" I shift my eyes to the driver that stands in the same room with us.

Jungkook turns his head to the back, at the driver.

I use that opportunity to quickly slip the phone into my pocket. 

And I put my one hand in an earlier position, behind my back because I know he'd been having his eyes on it. 

Then, I stab my nail into my flesh. 

"Leave," Jungkook says to the driver.

The driver bows respectfully and quickly get out of the room, closing the door, leaving me with Jungkook alone.

Jungkook turns his head back to me. 

"Now tell me why, babe" says him. 

I force myself to let out the tears and I burst.

He just watches me and I lay my head on his chest.

"I miss my mother so much, Jungkook.  Everything here just reminds me of my mother" says me and I whimper.

These all are fake. It's just so crazy for me to confess my misery to a psychopath. It doesn't make sense at all. 

He wrap his arms around my head and presses me against his body. 

"You aren't supposed to be here," says him. 

I nod.

Then Jungkook's eyes fix on my curled hand which I keep hiding behind my back. 

He holds my hand, brings it to him. 

I lift my head off him and watch him opening my hand.

Blood is dripping down from the cut that I'd made by myself. 

He studies the cut and then looks at me.

His eyes are too sharp. I can't look into his eyes. Especially when I'm about to lie. 

"I-I got hurt" says me.

"I'll take care".

I bring my eyes back to look at him. 

I don't know what to say anymore and the silence between us just makes me worried.

Because I know Jungkook is usually an observant guy rather than confronting right away when something is suspicious to him. 

He always makes me nervous. 

I bring myself to him and he hugs me.

His eyes stare at the falling table. That table can be opened from upward? He didn't see this when he was searching for something in this room. 

         Taehyung's eyes move wildly, skimming the thick pile of papers in his hand. 

It's all the documents about Seohwa's bank account details and history.

He's so sure someone was supporting her financially.

But nothing in her history shows that someone is transferring a big amount of money consistently. 

And her income is just too low too. 

Does it mean his speculation about Jungkook just accusing Seonhwa of borrowing money from loan sharks just to trap y/n was wrong then? 

Taehyung throws his head back against the car seat. "Ah fuck" he says in frustration. 

He hoped to move forward with this fucking documents. But instead, he's moving one step to the back.