Chapter 74

"Y/n, I'm Dami. Your real mother..."

I am shocked that my eyes are widening and that my eyeballs are about to pop out.

"I've been looking for you for many days. I've been waiting for you here every day because I'm sure you will visit Seohwa," she says, then smiles. "I'm so grateful that it's worth the waiting".

I can't believe it. This woman shamelessly appears in my life after everything.

She takes a forward step towards me, but I quickly take a backward step away from her. "Don't come close to me," I say.

"Y/N, I know I'm wrong. I'm sorry".

I clench my hands. I hate that she is apologising. "Don't even damn apologise," I say under my gritted teeth.

"I'm sorry, honey. I'm so sorry."

Anger burns in my chest. She shows no remorse and is shameless! "Only apologise if you can bring Taehyung alive!" I scream hysterically.

Dami is shocked. "What do you mean?"

Tears roll down my face. "Don't act like you don't know. You were the reason for everything. You're the reason for Taehyung's death!"

"Y/n! What do you mean? I don't understand!"

"I know you're with the elders of the gang. All the time, did you just only watch him?"

Dami's eyes flicker.

Flashback, 23 Years Ago

September 1988

                "Is there a way to get my VISA fast??? I urgently need to go to the US," Dami said, full of desperation and fear written all over her face.

"No, Miss. I'm sorry. The normal procedure takes at least two weeks."

"At least you said that?" asked Dami in disbelief.

How could she wait for two weeks? That crazy Yeongjj was after her!

"Yes, at least," the receptionist said, then she looked at Dami's belly. "Miss, you look like you're in your late second trimester of pregnancy. If the pregnancy is over 28 weeks, you will need a doctor's medication certificate to confirm your health. You can't get into a flight without that".

Dami frowned. That was complicated. And she would want to minimise doing business because it would leave a trace.

Dami was so fed up, so she turned to leave.

She went back to her car. As soon as she got into her car, she breathed through her mouth.

She's terribly afraid. The adrenaline in her body kept making her heart work harder. It hurt her stomach too, and the fact that she was pregnant made it worse.

Suddenly, she felt as if something was twisted in her stomach, and she could not withstand the pain at all. She put her hand on her stomach and groaned painfully.

She knew it was probably because of anxiety, so she practised calming breathing.

After feeling a little bit relieved, she took her phone and made a call.

She was so impatient to get her call picked up.

"Seohwa, Seohwa," she called Seohwa's name as soon as her phone got picked up.

Seohwa heard how panicked Dami was, making her worried. "Where are you? Are you okay?"

"I am at the embassy. I can't. It takes at least two weeks for the visa. And I have to make a medical checkup for the flight. I'm so scared to be traced," said Dami, and she burst out into tears.