CHAPTER 49:

I eventually persuaded Dave to put me down, which ended up with him sitting in front of his computer for a while and myself reading a book I had picked up a couple of minutes ago whilst sitting upon the floor.

The title was something to do with dragons, so I decided to read it out of curiosity.

"Whatcha reading?" I heard Dave ask as he spun around in his chair.

"Something about dragons," I replied with, my eyes flickering from the books pages to Dave's face. My eyes still getting used to looking at him.

"Hm," he said, getting up and walking over to me. He then sat down and kicked his shoes off, laying down next to me.

"Hello there," I murmured, my eyes carefully examining each word whilst trying to not get distracted by Dave.

"Read it to me," Dave then murmured out of the blue.

"Excuse you, how about you read it to me," I said angrily.

"Ok," he said, delicately pinching the book out of my hands and starting to read. Well I was surprised, but I wasn't gonna complain.

"The knight, which evidently had no duty to deal with dragons whatsoever..."

Timeskip:

Soon, I closed my eyes. Myself falling asleep rather quickly to the sound of his voice.

Thankfully I didn't have a nightmare, but I did wake up to myself spooning Dave.

I was questioning our position. Because usually the girl was on the inside, and Dave was also quite taller than me.

Hm, we could take turns. Considering we would do this often in our relationship, wait.

Are we even going out? I mentally questioned myself. Well we do kiss quite often, and not to mention all the hugging and stuff.

Oh who am I kidding we barely did any of that stuff.

But we're doing it now..

Augh, the struggle is real.

"Dave," I muttered into his back, I then heard Dave say 'yes' rather quietly before wriggling around to face me. Well kinda, he was just lying on his back facing the ceiling.

I ended up doing that too.

"Are we dating?" I asked.

"That's a good question,"

"No but, like for real."

"Well it's really all up to you, do you want us to date?" He asked, I then placed a hand to my chin.

"That is also a very good question," I ended up replying with, seeing as I would be way too embarrassed to actually say I wouldn't mind going out with him.

Well, I'd love to go out with him really. Haugh, Dave stop making me question my feelings and make out with me.

Uwahhh that sounded so weird, even in my mind.

"Hello?"

"Huh?"

"Doesn't matter,"

"It does matter, so tell me now."

"I, augh for fucks sake (F/n). We've gotten this far and we kiss and hug and do all that couple shit, let's just get it out of the way."

"So we're dating now?"

"I guess so,"

"Well fuck,"

"Ditto," Dave mumbled, and then all I could picture was him rolling over and having sloppy make outs with me.

THAT WAS A STRANGE IMAGE AND I'D PREFER TO NEVER THINK OF THAT AGAIN.

"So, how's your day been."

"Pretty boring,"

"Yeah, same."

"What happened at school?"

"Boring ass algebra with that son of a fuck teacher,"

"Did mrs Valerie yell at you again?"

"What do you think, I practically sleep through every goddamn lesson with her."

"I wouldn't expect less,"

"You could sound a little more encouraging, oh loved one."

"You could sound a little less stupid and perhaps get your act together, oh loved one."

"Nice life advice, oh loved one."

"I try, oh loved one."

"You're such a bitch,"

"Same to you,"

"I can't believe we're dating,"

"Same, like what the fuck were we thinking."

"It's only been like, a minute though."

"I know," then we both fell into silence. My eyes darting to different corners of the ceiling, ands Dave's eyes still concealed by those shades of his.

I then felt my pocket vibrate, and a small beeping noise coming from my phone. I bolt upright and pull it out of my pocket.

It's a message from Karkat.

carcinoGeneticist [CG] began pestering (chumHandle) [CH] at 3:47

CG: GREETINGS BALLSACK FROM SPACE.
CH: Hello Karkat.
CG: OH LOOK AT THAT, YOU ACTUALLY REPLIED THIS TIME.
CH: What do you mean.
CG: HAVE YOU NOT SEEN MY OTHER MESSAGES FROM OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS?
Ch: ... No..?
CG: WELL WHO GIVES A FLYING SHIT ABOUT THEM.
CG: HOWS IT GOING?
CH: Uh, pretty alright.

"Tell him we're dating," Dave said from next to me, I then nodded.

"Ok,"

CH: Dave and I are dating now, so that's some news.

Karkat's POV:

'CH: Dave and I are dating now, so that's some news.' I read it twice, I read it three times.

They couldn't be.

Dave wouldn't do this again.. Would he?

(coughCoUgHTEREZICoUgHcough)

I.

I couldn't really believe what she had just typed.

CG: really
CH: Yeah, haha.
CG: well
CG: cool

'Cool,' was the last thing I managed before bursting out into tears.

Readers POV:

CG: cool
CH: Hey, where's the caps lock at mate.

I then waited, and he didn't reply.

CH: Hello? Earth to Karkat.

Still no reply.

CH: If you want we can chat later.

Karkats POV:

The tears still dripping from my cheeks to the keyboard, I carefully typed something.

CG: SORRY, SHITTY WIFI.
CG: I SHOULD PROBABLY GET GOING NOW.
CG: BUT LATER, OK?
CH: Ok, later.

carcinoGeneticist [CG] ceased pestering (chumHandle) [CH] at 3:43

Later.

--------------------------------------------

I feel like this may be a longer chapter than usual. But whatever, long updates are good updates.

So that's pretty much it for no-

WAIT, IF YOU WANT I COULD PROBABLY DO A Q AND A ON THE STORY AND/OR MYSELF. I DONT KNOW BUT IF YOU WANT YOU COULD ASK QUESTIONS AND ILL ANSWER THEM.

OKAY BYE.

Have a nice day!!