CHAPTER 13:

After squinting through the light, I eventually saw Aradia standing next to the door.

"How's it going?" She asked, smirking slightly. I then turned towards Karkat, he was scowling.

He slowly removed his arms and placed them on his hips, straightening up and looking at me.

"You're a terrible kisser," he said, walking out of the closet like a supermodel.

That little shit.

"Fuck off," I said, crap I didn't have a good come back. I walked out of the closet, soon catching someone's gaze. Dave was looking directly at me, I could feel his eyes staring into my soul.

We both stared at each other for about 5 seconds before he turned away, I just raised my eyebrows.

Well, that was weird.

Timeskip because I don't really know what else to write with this party I just did it for the Karkat bit lol:

After that party, things have been kinda awkward between Karkat and I. Not to say it wasn't already awkward, but now we could barely hold a proper conversation.

So, one day after school. I decided to talk to him, maybe take him to the local coffee shop.

Timey wimey, wibbly wobbly skip:

I had just finished my last class, meaning I was now free for the rest of the day. Which now meant my next task was to find Karkat, and hit him up for a conversation.

Shit, this crowd wasn't helping. And considering his height, I had literally no visible sight of him. Not to mention my height, which wasn't helping either.

I sighed, realising I probably wouldn't be able to find him in this crowd. So I decided to text him.

(chumHandle) [CH] began pestering carcinoGeneticist [CG] at 3:01

CH: Hey, Karkat.
CH: I was wondering if we could talk, maybe at the park?

I waited a while, soon groaning because I had a feeling he wasn't going to answer my texts. But then my eyes widened at my phone vibrating in my hand, I smiled.

CG: WHICH FUCKING PARK.
CH: Holy crap, I didn't think you were going to reply.
CG: WELL I DID, NOW ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION.
CH: How about the one near the coffee shop, not to far from here. With the big fountain in the centre.
CG: I THINK I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, ALRIGHT. I'LL TRY TO BE THERE, I GUESS.
CH: Great! Thanks.

(chumHandle) [CH] ceased pestering carcinoGeneticist [CG] at 3:06

I grinned and stuffed my phone in my pocket, running off towards the park.

After running into many people whilst trying to get to the park, I soon saw a person walking with a black backpack towards the park. They were rather short as well, and they had black hair.

I decided to run up to the figure, and look at them from the side. Yep, it was Karkat.

"Hey," I said, making Karkat jump slightly. He turned to glance at me, his face settling into his usual scowl.

"Hi," he replied, tuning to keep walking. I quickly caught up to him and I then cautiously placed a hand on his shoulder. He stopped walking and turned to look at me, I I grinned.

"So, about Kanaya's pa-"

"Nope," he said, turning away from me and walking. I just tightened my grip on his shoulder and scowled.

"Listen to me you filthy piece of trash," I scowled, I had to get to the point. He stopped walking and groaned, turning towards me.

"What do you want,"

"I'm gonna be honest here, you were unbelievably stupid back there." I said, Karkat just narrowed his eyes.

"Past me is the most ignorant shit stain," he said, I then rolled my eyes.

"Oh come on, you're always an ignorant shit stain." I replied, Karkat just sighed.

"Anyway, why the fuck would you say that. It kind of ruined our friendship, considering that we haven't talked since then. It probably ruined your chances with Terezi as wel-"

"MY CHANCES WITH TEREZI WERE ALREADY RUINED!" He yelled at me unexpectedly, I had to step back slightly.

"Wait, really? I thought you two were seeing each other or some shit like that.."

"No, we aren't seeing each other. We weren't ever seeing each other, and it's rather fucking pathetic how I haven't gotten over her in the past 4 years." He growled, my eyes then widened.

"Oh, shit.." I mumbled.

"I didn't mean to remind you," I said, trying to sound sincere. He was just glaring at me, and I was feeling guilty as fuck.

"Ahm, how about a hug?" I suggested, Karkats eyes then narrowed into slits. But then his eyes started watering, oh shit.

Oh shit.

Karkat was crying.

I slowly wrapped my arms around his torso, and be nuzzled into my neck. I felt my shirt beginning to get wet with tears, so I gently patted his back.

"Shhh... It's alright.." I mumbled, trying not to make the area around us seem too awkward.

Karkat then stepped backwards, and looked at me. His eyes red from tears, and his cheeks staine with water.

"Thankyou, fuckass." he mumbled, I then smiled gently.

"It's alright," I replied, placing a hand on his shoulder.

---------------------------------------

Alright I don't know what the fuck I just wrote. BUT THIS AIN'T A KARKAT X READER. IT'S A DAVE X READER.

JUST SOME FRIENDLY ASS GESTURES GOING ON BETWEEN YOU GUYS.

I probably write way too much Karkat shit.. Meh.

Anyway, have a nice day. And Karkat was probably very out of character.