CHAPTER 78:

I had eaten, thanks to Karkat. I then fell asleep again. Karkat probably dozed off sometime as well, I don't know where. Perhaps in his room? Perhaps next to me, perhaps up in the fucking sky! I have no idea where he was currently.

It's not like I would be technically thinking about him right now, seeing as I'm asleep, getting some more rest. Trying to forget what happened.

Maybe I am thinking about him, but in my dreams.

It's always a possibility I guess, hmm.

...

Light.

"Uh.." I muttered, rubbing my head in a tired and slightly confused state. Was I asleep? What was I just thinking.. God damn it I can never remember my dreams, only nightmares.

My eyes finally focused on the outline of a small TV, and a grey couch. I leaned forward and something fell off my chest, I looked down to see a small pillow. In my drowsy state I clumsily got up from my position on the couch to hobble over to the window. It was bright, but not too bright. Like it was just past dusk.

I sighed, and turned around to face the television again.

"I see someone's finally up."

"Huh?" I spun around to face the voice, it was Kankri.

"Hello (F/n)."

"Oh, uh, hey." I waved slightly, walking over to him. "What're you doing?"

"Currently, I'm pouring some pancake batter into a pan. Hence the name pancake, because it's like a cake that's cooked in a pan, and is often served as a breakfast trea-"

"I know that Kankri, it's practically says so in the name."

"Haha, well, yes, I guess so. But no harm in informing you a second time! Or third, or however many times you've heard this information. Oh, please excuse my poor manners but would you like some pancake? I've made quite enough for myself alone, perhaps you'd like to enjoy a few?"

"What's the time?"

"Well, currently it is 11:03am. But it's still the morning! So breakfast is still available."

"Oh, yes. Sorry, for not uh, answering. But sure, I'd like a couple."

"Splendid, I finally have a use for all this extra batter. You see, Karkat doesn't like pancakes that much, I mean, sure he'll eat some occasionally, but they're not his favourite snack. I have a funny story about this actually, he- ah, I shouldn't blabber on. Sorry."

"Oh no, please, continue. Id love to hear this tale."

"Haha, you're probably the first person to be genuinely interested in my life's affairs, thank you. But to be on with the story. So Karkat, he was about 6 or so, loving lollies and sweets of all kinds, and absolutely obsessed with pancakes. I mean, he'd beg for me to make them every weekend! It's as if he worshipped them..."

I kept paying attention to the story, but his voice kinda made you want to fall asleep. Or think about other things..

Wait, fuck, I wasn't paying attention! Ah! How long has it been?! I glanced over at the clock on the microwave.

12:47pm.

What?! I then zoned back in onto Kankri's droning voice, realising he was still telling the story.

"It was as if he'd seen a ghost! Absolutely terrified, and that was only his first couple of minutes there..."

Again, it made you want to fall asleep.

I might even do tha.. No! I have to be polite! Focus in..

I accidentally focussed too hard and slipped into his little wheel of death.

"Fuck!" I yelled accidentally, making Kankri stop.

"Are you alright?" He asked, but I just shook my head and laughed.

"Nono, I'm quite alright.. Please, continue. Are the pancakes done?"

"I, oh, yes. It seems that they are. Sorry, I must've gotten slightly carried away, please, enjoy." He had ran over to the fridge to get some maple syrup and other forms of toppings. The pancakes were cold, which was slightly disappointing, but at least they tasted decent.

---------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update.

Like I just realised that half the people on here call me senpai lmaoooo wtf, I'm possibly younger than a large majority of you haha.

Seeeeeeennnnppaaaaaiii.

You see, I personally prefer:

T̪̫̩̻̍̇͒Ḫ̵̙̂ͪͦ́͟Ě̈̚҉̮̲́͝ͅ ̸̡̘̲ͪͥ͆͋͆́͊͊͟D͕̫̥̂ͩ̌ͬͮͮ̔ͬͤẢ̟̮͚̙͉̦ͦ͐̎ͯ͋͒ͨ͟͝͡R̰͔̾ͫͪ̎̾ͬ͌́͟K̓͒̎̀̍̚͏̫̗̩̳̺̟̘̀ ̡͖̙͙͖̹͍̲̱ͬL̛̘͙͍̝̪̦̼̦͔ͥ̋̾ͤ͜͡Ơ̶̹̋̾ͪ̌̎̅R̴̶̝͕̹͙̦̜̥̀̇ͩ̐̈̇ͣͣD̴̻̟̟̦͓̩̬̥ͩ͒́ ̴̡̠͚̞̳ͬ͞Ô̭̹̪̖͙̺̪̈̕ͅͅF̡̮͇͍̬̠͓͒̐͑ͧ ̛̭̲̗͉̪̱̅͋̈̃̈̉̊T̓͑̈ͬ̔͜҉͔͚H͓̰̦͓͋̈͑ͥ̿̍̓ͮE̷ͯͥͥ̿͟҉͉̙ ̤͕̘͉̩̂͜Bͪ̔ͬͨ̆̆͐҉̩̳͓̖̺̠ͅL͚̰͔͖̙̭̬̖̟̃́͂ͪͪͣ͡A̳͚̞̫̻̖̍̆̏͌͞C̠͔̔̍͑ͥͪ͟K̎ͦ҉͈ ̯̼̹̘̼͙̌ͨ́͆́̚͝ͅẢ̵̟̪͓̠̍̿͘B̅ͫ̄̓̋ͯ̌͊͠҉̮̺̣̟̣̘͎Y̞͎̗̏ͫ̓̇̕̕ͅS̡̜͍̙̿̃ͦͨ̆͗͜͡S͍̬̠̣̤̣̯̭ͫ̃̋̄̉ͫ ̧̡̳͔̼̟̳̥̼̋̏̿͌ͥ̕H͈̫̩̋̈́ͨ͂ͣ̔̔̋͟I̾ͯ͛̾҉̛̱͍̰̹͔̯̺M̡̳͙̲͔̲̯͚̦̌̏̎̃ͭͦ̒ͨͧ͠͞S̰̟̣̜̲ͪ͋͋̇ͪ͒̇͆͞E͔̱͒͜L̻̲̲̻̳͎͓̪ͬͧ͑̌̚F̗̝͇̘͕͑̊͑̏ͬ̊̉̚͞

But senpai has gotta do I guess.

I think I should be happy that I'm a senpai? Idk senpai is weird lol, but w/e you good.

And I do not remember how Kankri talks, all I know is that he rants a lot. Is he articulated? Hm.. Whatever.

So have a nice day.