CHAPTER 24:

I was now sitting in bed, trying to not have a nightmare. I had two already, resulting in the same reactions. I constantly checked the time, anticipating when I could talk to Dave about it. They were getting worse, the deaths getting more and more gory.

Blood splattered all around the room, people groaning in pain. People slowly bleeding to death, and others dying from being chopped in half.

It was fucking horrible.

I checked the time again, 1:37am.

Fuck.

I placed a pillow on my head, breathing into it. I slowly began drifting off into a light sleep, but of course it was interrupted by a nightmare.

I woke up again, breathing hard. I looked around my room, it isn't real.

It isn't real.

I turned to check the time, 1:56am.

What? How.

I started breathing heavily again, it's not real.

It's not real.

It's not real.

I felt my cheeks start to get wet, and I couldn't control my breathing anymore.

My breaths were coming out of me in a mixture of hyperventilation and sobs.

Why was I crying?

It's not real.

I lay my head on my pillow, checking my phone for any missed texts. There were none.

In the off chance Dave was on, I checked pesterchum.

He wasn't on though, but I still sent him a message.

(chumHandle) [CH] began pestering turntechGodhead [TG] at 2:01am

CH: Dave.
CH: Dave.
CH: Help.

I felt the tears come more heavily now, almost as if my eyes were the new owners of Niagara Falls.

CH: Dave, help me.
CH: please

I didn't know what to do, every time I tried. The nightmares came, leaving me distressed and scared in the real world.

They aren't real.

Timeskip:

I stayed up the night, playing shitty games on my phone. I couldn't go to sleep, because I was scared.

I was scared of sleeping, scared.

I am pathetic.

I began to cry again, almost as if it was a regular thin now. I cried 5 times that night, an this was now the 6th.

Halfway through my crying fit, I heard my phone buzz. I turned it on, realising it was pesterchum. With my shaking hands, I unlocked my phone and checked the app.

Dave had messaged me back.

CH: Dave, help me.
CH: please
TG: im here now
TG: theyre not real
CH: I know.
TG: are you ok?
CH: I'm not to sure.
CH: I can't get to sleep, and I'm constantly crying.
TG: youre crying.
CH: Right now in fact.
TG: shit
TG: i would invite you over if it wasnt so early in the morning
CH: It's alright, I can cope.
TG: theyre not real
CH: They're not real.
TG: try to get some sleep
CH: I can't.
TG: why
CH: I'm scared.
CH: I'm scared, Dave.
CH: I'm scared to fucking go to sleep, this is fucking stupid.
TG: youre not stupid (f/n)
CH: Why the fuck am I afraid then?! Why can't I sleep?!
TG: listen to me
TG: theyre not real
CH: They are real.
TG: no
TG: you typed it wrong
TG: do it again
CH: They
CH: They're not real.
TG: theyre not real
CH: They're not real.

I soon realised that I stopped crying a little while ago, Dave was helping.

CH: Thank you.
TG: its ok
TG: are you ok
TG: (f/n)?
CH: Yes, I am ok.
TG: really?
CH: We are not starting that shit again, Dave.
TG: theyre not real
CH: They're not real.
TG: ill bake you cookies
CH: That's nice and all, but I don't need them.
TG: im baking you cookies
CH: No, I'm serious Dave.
TG: im bringing you cookies today
CH: Fuck you.
TG: youre also getting lots of hugs
CH: No! Don't make me embarrassed.
TG: you need them
TG: you need hugs and cookies
CH: No, I don't need that Dave.
TG: yes you do dont lie
CH: Uwah, no.
TG: yes
CH: Fuck off.
TG: you asked for help
TG: and this is my medicine
TG: strider vaccine = hugs and cookies
CH: ...
CH: Thank you.
TG: no problem
CH: No, I genuinely mean it.
TG: i know
CH: Ok.
TG: are you ok now?
CH: I think so.
TG: well
TG: im going to cook the cookies
CH: Alright, thank you again.
TG: its ok
CH: <3
TG: <3

(chumHandle) [CH] ceased petering turntechGodhead [TG] at 5:42am

I then took a deep breath, cookies.

I will be getting cookies and hugs, from Dave Strider.

Timeskip:

I sat in the car, looking out the window. I saw kids walking to school, with their younger siblings. I then sighed, I was tired. I was really tired, but I couldn't sleep.

I was in the car, going to school. If I fell asleep in the car that would be absurd!

So I sighed again, turning around to face the front.

John wasn't talkative at the moment, so I decided for the silence in the car to stay that way.

We both got out of the car, and I began walking towards the school gates.

As soon as I walked inside, I immediately spotted Dave. He began walking up to me, and I tried to ignore him. But we both know that ignoring Dave Strider doesn't exactly work.

He soon embraced me in a warm and gentle hug, his arms hooking under mine. Pulling me close to his body, I just stood there. But then I felt my eyes beginning to water, fuck.

The tears began to overflow, and I eventually returned the hug.

"They're not real," I hear him whisper in my ear, I then nodded slightly.

"They're not real."

---------------------------------------

Supportive Dave?

This is also really short, but I still feel like a machine for updating so frequently.

They will probably get longer once I come up with some good material, which may be soon, idk.

And you better have a good day, or have a better day if your day is already good.

Have a bloody great day.