CHAPTER 15:

Reader's POV:

Yay, schooooooolio! I didn't know why, but I was strangely uplifted this morning. Maybe it was because I got a good nights sleep? Or made up with Karkat, who knows? I just felt like a fucking star.

I climbed out of my bed with a smile on my face, grabbing the closest pair of jeans and shirt.

Grabbing my school bag, I slammed my door open and trotted down the stairs.

Walking out into the large lounge room, I peaked into the kitchen. Only to see Dad cooking what was probably a cake.

"Hey," I said, Dad turning slightly to smile at me.

"Hello (F/n), how's it going?" He asked, turning back around to face the cake. I jumped up on a stool next to a table.

"Im going great, I'm feeling super happy today for some reason." I replied, Dad then nodded.

"Hm? Why's that?" He asked again, I then shrugged.

"I don't know.. Probably a good nights sleep, that always helps." I responded, looking around the room and out of the window. Out there was a lone tire swing, it was kind of sad really. Realising that John probably hasn't been on it in years.

"How's school?" He asked, in a reasonable attempt to keep the conversation going.

"I don't really know just yet, considering I haven't gotten my report card yet.. But last terms was pretty good, I got mostly straight A's." I said, swinging my legs around like a madman. Almost kicking over the stool next to me.

"That's great! You should be proud of yourself," he said, his face focusing on the cake.

"I am, it's the first time in years that I've gotten over 3 A's!" I smiled to myself, remembering that faithful day of opening that report card. Only to be greeted by the golden gates of heaven, or in the case good grades.

We both then stayed silent until I heard groggy footsteps ascending down the stairs and into the lounge room, eventually trailing into the kitchen. There stood John, his glasses crooked on his face and messier hair than usual. He also had faint, dark circles under his eyes.

"Good morning John!" I said happily, he then turned toward me.

"Hey," he replied, walking over to sit next to me. He then yawned, stretching his arms over his head.

"Late night?" I asked, John then nodded.

"Yeah, I think I went to sleep at like.. 4 o'clock?" He responded, I then heard Dads angry sigh.

"4 o'clock John?" He asked, John then flinched slightly.

"Sorry..." He murmured, scratching the back of his neck sheepishly. Dad just rolled his eyes and pulled out some fondant, then grabbing a rolling pin to flatten it out.

"You should get to sleep earlier, it's bad for your brain." Dad said sternly, John then sighed.

"I do get distracted easily Dad, you should know that." He said, Dad then shook his head in a tutting manner.

"If you spend all your time on that stupid hipster blog of your-"

"My blog isn't hipster! It's abstr-"

"Taking pictures of your Starbucks, and posting quotes... Are you sure that's not hipster, John?" Dad asked, I turned to look at John. His ears were slightly pinker than usual.

"How the hell do you even know about my blog?!" He asked, his eyes glaring at his father.

"You have a blog?" I asked, John then turned to me.

"No," he said, then turning to glare at his father again.

"His blog is called 'Eggs-in-Berts', and somehow he has over 3000 followers? I don't understand social media these days," his dad said, smoothing the fondant out with his hands then cutting small shapes out of it. I turned to look at John, and his face was fucking priceless.

"Ok, I'm cool. I'm totally fine wit my father knowing about my so called 'hipster blog', but (F/n) lets get to school. It's getting pretty damn late," he said, walking out of the room. Pulling me outside with him, I just laughed at his embarrassed state.

"Didn't know you had a Tumblr," I said, trying to hold in my laughter.

"I don't,"

---------------------------------------

Typical moments in the Egbert household, and Idk I just felt like John would have a hipster blog for some reason.

But yeah, chapter transition to probably a more 'exciting' part.

('・Д・)」

But yeah have a good day ples.