CHAPTER 85:

I went to visit her again, and again, she seemed to be getting better, I mean, in a slightly less 'I just killed three people and I want to die the same way they did' and a more 'it's the past, I can only await what happens in the future, bad or not'.

I was managing by myself alright, with myself worrying about (F/n) and myself having to cook and learn about the real world the hard way I didn't have time for my self loathing sessions. My mood had improved slightly over the weeks, with this being around the end of week two.

I visited (F/n) everyday, well, I visited when I could. I went to school of course, but when I got out I went straight to her. Kankri had disappeared, I honestly had no idea where he went. But he had abandoned me, for two weeks at least. If he were to come back any time soon I'd like for him to not fucking expect a warm welcome.

My grades were improving, my friendship with Dave was growing, he sometimes came to the hospital with me.

I could tell he still care a lot about her, maybe not as much as myself, but he cared.

Life was alright at the moment, and that was something I definitely did not expect.

...

The three weeks had come to an end, and all was well. No one else had died, oddly.

She came home with me, only to disappear into my bedroom. I wondered what she was doing, so I followed.

She was staring at the floor, and I smiled weakly.

"(F/n)? You alright?" I asked, placing a hand on her shoulder. But she didn't move, she didn't reply, nothing happened. It was as if the world had stopped.

I shook my head slightly, and the colour had begun to fade from my room. My red curtains were fading to white, as was everything else, everything else but her.

"(F/n)?" I asked again, but then the figure that I thought was her fell from its place. The legs were crippled, and it's face was showing. It was a porcelain doll, with straw hair and old fashion clothes.

Then it faded in and out of existence, as did everything else.

That happened for a while.

Abruptly everything stopped, an it seemed as if we were floating in nothing. Only myself and a porcelain doll that vaguely resembles her floating through the endless white void.

Then we flipped, and it fell. Where did it fall? Into the endless nothing, it just kept going, I could still see it flying in a downwards spiral.

This was strange.

We flipped again, but this time I felt my feet on something. I looked down, and it was the hospital. She was lying there, her eyes wide.

I tried to gain her attention, that didn't work. Her eyes seemed terrified, and I didn't understand. What, why was she scared? I was here.

I turned to where she was staring, I finally understood.

There stood a man, a, a something. Something with grey skin and large twisting horns, black hair flowing everywhere, and face paint that would scare even the toughest of warriors.