CHAPTER 64:

Readers POV:

"You're not a failure you couldn't have done anything," Dave yelled, I just sat there. My tears had dried, and I felt hollow.

"Deaths inevitable,"

"And?"

"I can't help death at all, Dave." I whispered, my eyes still focussed on the TV screen. "Ain't this lovely," I then got up, leaving Dave on the couch.

"What are you doin-"

"I'm making a sandwich," I then walked out of the bedroom.

I broke down when trying to open the butter. I couldn't put back my feelings any further, I just felt like shit.

Sure it wasn't my fault, I told her not to take the pills.

She didn't listen.

Her fault really for being an ignorant fuck.

Wait why was I so angry, isn't this feeling meant to be remorse. I'm meant to feel sorry for Rose's loss, for Kanaya.

I don't feel that anymore.

I don't understand.

Here I am, fretting about what I should be feeling instead of what I'm actually feeling.

Why.

I could hear shuffling in Dave's room, and I felt a vibration in my pocket.

carcinoGeneticist [CG] began pestering (chumHandle) [CH] at 4:21pm

CG: PLEASE HELP ME.
CH: Are you okay?
CG: NO IM NOT FUCKING OKAY.
CG: MY BEST FRIEND FOR YEARS HAS JUST DIED.
CG: JUST FUCKING HELP ME.
CH: How?!
CG: I DONT KNOW!
CG: COMFORT ME WITH THE ANGELIC FUCKING WHISPERS OF YOUR VOICE.
CH: I can't do that over social media!
CG: TAKE A HINT FUCK CHIMP.
CH: Oh.
CH: Hey I'm sad about this too!
CG: YOU DONT FUCKING SOUND LIKE IT.
CH: I can't express my feelings over social media!
CG: OH LIKE HELL YOU CAN.
CH: I can't!
CH: Catching emotion is a profession, and so far all I've got is a butterfly net!
CG: JUST.
CG: FUCKING HELL.

- carcingGeneticist [CG] set his mood to RANCOROUS -

CG: PLEASE.
CH: I'll come over as soon as I can.
CH: Okay?
CG: OH FUCKING KAY!

(chumHandle) [CH] ceased pestering carcinoGeneticist [CG] at 4:30pm

I then ran out the door. Karkat seemed devastated, I don't know what Dave was doing.

Issues are getting out of hand.

Time skip:

I arrived at Karkats place, and knocked on his door multiple times. Eventually the door opened to reveal a puffy eyes Karkat Vantas.

His eyes widened and it looked like a fresh tidal wave of tears were coming, he then broke down.

I caught him in my arms, and he was fucking screaming.

I tried to console him, but he was emotionally broken. His screams just got louder, yelling for her to come back. Yelling that he was sorry, yelling that he couldn't handle it anymore.

I started to look around, seein as we were still standing in his front doorway. Probably attracting the attention of the neighbours.

I gradually pushed him inside, closing the door and leading him to the couch.

I placed him on the couch and stood in front of him.

"Karkat, you need to chill."

"HOW ARE YOU SO COOL ABOUT THIS?!"

"I," I had to think, why was I calm about this. His tears would usually have caused a chain reaction, leading to my mental breakdown. "I don't know,"

"Do you even have emotions,"

"Of course I fucking do what is wrong with you?"

"I don't know!" He yelled, I just sighed.

"Look, I know this is hard on you. It's hard on everyone," I then tried to think of more comforting things. "Life isn't fair,"

"Yeah no shit,"

"I, I just." I then sighed, sitting down on the couch beside an angry but miserable as fuck Karkat. "I don't know anymore, I'm the worst friend ever."

"You're not shit,"

"I can't console at all man, why did you even call me."

"Cause, well. You know," Karkat seemed uncomfortable.

"It's okay,"

"It's not,"

"I know," I whispered turning to face him, Karkat looking down into his lap.

His eyes were still puffy and red, but his tears had seemed to have dried.

"Hey, you're alright now?" I asked, a small smile on my face. Karkat looked up and glared at me.

"Who do you think I am? Some kid who just won a free happy meal? Of course I'm not alright,"

"Descriptive way of putting your feelings,"

"Yeah, I know." He seemed really pissed, and I didn't feel anything really. Oho shit I feel arms around my body.

"Woahoho," I giggled, looking down at Karkat. Who was of course hugging me.

What else would he be doing.

((🌚🌚))

---------------------------------------------

Yeah lmao a lot of you are comparing me to Andrew Hussie, in which I hope is a compliment.

So yeah this is the song that actually inspired the killing part of this fanfic, I find this funny lmao.

I also had a good day, hiking somewhat makes me feel better. Especially when you're hanging with your hella pals.

I also had really fucking good beef today omg.

So yeah have a good day!