CHAPTER 16:

John and I then proceeded to walk to school, myself constantly teasing him for his little blog. Which made him rather embarrassed, which was fucking funny.

But when we got to the school gates, we saw people crying. My eyes widening in confusion as I saw Sollux crying near a tree, Feferi patting his back. Looking around in confusion, I saw a large crowd standing around a table. My curiosity got the better of me and I walked over, which wasn't a good idea.

At the sight, I felt nauseous. All my happiness drained away, leaving a sad and empty hole where it once was.

Lying down on the ground next to the table, was Aradia. Her brain and the top of her skull literally ripped from her body, leaving only a bottom jaw. Her tongue was rolling out sideways, and I could see the obliterated remains of an eyeball next to her. Her skull and brain seemed to be blown out onto the table, with some sort of laser or gun.

But this. This was absolutely horrifying.

I had already felt tears rolling down my cheeks when I first saw the mangled body of my now dead friend. But my eyes were pouring rivers now, and I felt horrible.

I felt light headed, and I wanted to lay down. But I wasn't quick enough, I saw black fuzzy bits around the corners of my eyes. When I tried to fall onto my knees, it didn't work. I felt my body toppling over backwards, only into the hands of an unknown person.

I heard some slightly rugged breathing, and then fainted.

Timeskip:

When I woke up, the images of Aradia flooded into my mind. I instantly reared up, looking around to see if it was a dream or not. But I soon felt a slight weight on my shoulder, looking towards Dave. He was pushing me down again, my eyes just widened.

"A-Aradi-" I was cutoff by a finger on my lips, I then felt tears spring into my eyes again.

"She's gone," he murmured, I then looked at him.

"H-how.. Why..?" I asked, tears once again pouring from my eyes.

"I'm sorry," he said, his head hanging low. The memories of Aradia filling my mind again, I began to breath heavily.

"Calm down.. Have some water," he placed a water bottle into my hand, I then gratefully took a sip. All my hate for this boy had seemed to drain away, he was helping me. I gulped down some more of the water, slowly placing the bottle on the ground.

"Why?" I asked, Dave then sighed.

"I don't know, (F/n).. I don't know.." He said, I then suddenly felt empty.

I hadn't experienced a death before, especially one not as gruesome as this.

Not even one of my pets have died, but that didn't matter.

A friend of mine was gone, and I felt lost. But, I soon felt two cautious arms wrap around my body. Taking a guess that it's Dave, I returned the gesture. Trying to think of anything to get the tragedy of my mind.

Timeskip:

Once the body was cleaned up, we didn't have school for the rest of that day. But they said they would continue normally tomorrow. John and I walked home, not much interaction going on between the both of us. We eventually got home, to be greeted with a smiling Dad.

"Hey kids! Why are you home so earl-" he then stopped mid sentence, looking at us both with pity. He placed a seemingly new cake batter on the stove and walked over to us, placing a hand on both of our shoulders.

"Tell me everything that happened," he said, with all seriousness. John and I just nodded, then walking into the lounge room. Where we told Dad the whole story.

For the most part, John told the story. Myself butting in to give a better description of the body, which wasn't really helping with our moods.

After that, Dad looked at us. He then said for us to get some sleep, it would help for the most part.

I obeyed and walked up to my room, slipping my shoes off and climbing into my bed. I then closed my eyes and hoped for no nightmares.

Johns POV:

Yes, today was sad and all, depressing even. But this was bad, very bad.

After sending (F/n) up to her room, my father held me back. He then looked me in the eyes, his stern gaze turning into a worried one.

"Is she already involved?" He asked, I then took a deep breath.

"I'm not sure," I replied, not too sure of the answer myself.

"Keep her safe, please."

---------------------------------------

Whoopsies.