CHAPTER 71:

Reader's POV:

Ok, I just got blocked.

I'm now going to go and comfort him, like Kankri asked.

I grabbed a jacket and ran out of the apartment. It was still early in the morning, but at least it was visible out there. It was misty, and cold. Like not 'freezing' cold, more like a slight chill but whatever! Who gives a shit about the cold, Karkat was having a breakdown.

I don't know what about, or why however and that's what made me uneasy. Was it me? Was it Kankri? Was it Dave? There was hundreds of fucking possibilities.

It had been a few days since when I last contacted him, and he was the exact same... Except slightly less aggressive.

Running throughout the suburbs, I eventually came to a stop at '69 Crab Road'. Knocking on the door, I awaited a response.

Nothing.

"Karkat!" I yelled, pounding on the door.

Still nothing.

"Kankri!? Karkat! Anyone!" I screamed, rattling on the doorknob.

Fuck, fuck, fuck! If I couldn't get inside what would I do?! I then had a great idea, well, not exactly great idea. But! Nonetheless it was still a good idea, and it was now my plan of action.

I then started looking around the house for a spare key. Just before I was going to go into the garden, I remembered the spare key Kankri gave me in case of emergencies.

I then facepalmed, why didn't I think of this sooner?! Oh well, it's open now. I ran into the house and towards Karkats room, muffled words were heard and choked sobs too. I could hear shuffling and other noises as well.

"Karkat!" I yelled, trying to open his door. Silence, the words stopped, the shuffling, everything stopped.

"Karkat! I know you're in there! I demand you to let me in!" I ordered, yelling so loud that I swear my presumably dead mother could hear me from within the grave.

"Go away!" His voice cracking, I then sighed.

"Karkat, open the fucking door."

"Why should I?!" He yelled back.

"YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A FUCKING CHILD! GROW UP AND OPEN THE GOD DAMN DOOR!"

((How about you close the goddamn door aye? Oh wait it is close- stop making shitty references to bands you don't even listen to.))

"DO YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND WHY IM CHUCKING A FIT?!" He screamed, his voice sounding like it was coming from right next to the door.

"NO! I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE!"

"I CAN NOT BELIEVE, THAT DAVE MOTHERFUCKING STRIDER HAS NOT TOLD YOU!" His voice getting louder and louder by the second.

"TOLD ME WHAT?!" I screamed just as loud.

"T-THAT TEREZI IS GONE!" I then froze.

Gone?

"What do you mean 'gone'?" I asked.

"I MEAN GONE AS IN DEAD!" He sounded like he was crying, again.

Dead? Nonono... It can't be, I've been having such a good time. A great time in fact! And Dave hasn't had the decency to tell me?! That little prick! This, this is just bullshit!

"Since when,"

"SINCE LAST WEEK YOU FUCKING BITC-"

"KARKAT! LET ME IN NOW!" I yelled louder than ever. Everything seemed to go quiet, and I could hear shuffling from the other side of the door. A creaking noise, and finally Karkat's face.

I stormed up to him, and aggressively pulled him into a hug.

"Why the fuck didn't you tell me, why do none of you tell me anything?!" I angrily whispered, staring Karkat in the eye.

"I-I thought yo-"

"It was a rhetorical question," I hugged him tight, like hella fucking tight. If I was to hug him for much longer I would've cut off the circulation to his head. I kissed his forehead, and rubbed the back of his head. "It's okay,"

"It's really no-"

"It's okay when I'm here,"

"How are you so sur-"

"Just shut up, Karkat. Terezi is gone, so is half of your other friends. I've been killed once, and I've been targeted by a large majority of my 'friends' too. How the fuck do you think I feel after being revived with these powers that allow me to see people's deaths? Do you think I asked for this? Do you think it's fair that I have to take all the blame because a 'friend' of mine has die-"

"You can't take the blam-"

"Yes I fucking can, Karkat! I have the ability to see people's deaths, and slowly, one by one, each of our friends are dying! I don't know how long you've got left, and I've saved a total of one person! I didn't even see Terezi over the past week!"

"Ho-"

"I DONT KNOW! I ASCENDED TO THIS SHITTY ASS GOD TIER THAT HAS SO FAR KILLED MY EMOTIONS OF PAIN AND SUFFERING. I CANT FEE-" I cut off.

I couldn't feel pain at the loss of someone anymore, what was wrong with me? Am I broken, do I need a therapis-

"(F/n),"

"What?!"

----------------------------------------------

Ok I probably won't be updating much this week (probs 2) because of school! As per usual week 7 is being an ass and that's when all the tests and all the assignments are due.

Sadly, I am a complete idiot and have left like 2 of my assignments not started.

Kill me now.

But good day readers, have a nice life.