CHAPTER 65:

Karkat was hugging me. I didn't mind.

Why would I mind in his time of weakness? His best friend just died. I hugged back. His arms slowly retracted and he was just leaning on me really, and i think I could feel my shirt soaking through slightly.

Either that or my shirt magically got the chills.

"You okay?" I asked, no reply. "Hello?" I whispered, leaning down to see if he was still alive. Oh, he was asleep.

I sighed, rolling my eyes and smirking slightly. Rolling my eyes? It's like I didn't care anymore! Do I even care?

Time skip:

After a little bit of contemplating my relationship with Kanaya I dozed off, but only to be awakened by a light shaking of my shoulders.

I looked at the figure and it was Kankri.

"Huh?" I whispered, surprised.

"I, uh. I need to talk, to you.." He whispered, his eyes averted from mine.

"Ahm, sure. Let me just get out of this," I said pointing at Karkat, Kankri nodded. I tried to push him off, but this little shit was HEAVY. Like fuck man.

Ok, let's try something else.

Remove with force on the shoulders...

Bazinga, it worked. Karkat fell softly onto the pillows on the other side of the couch.

I then got off the the couch and looked at Kankri.

"Follow me," he then start walking down the hallway. I of course followed, and he lead me to his room.

He opened the door and a blast of vanilla hit my nostrils.

"Holy," I whispered, holding my nose.

"Ah, I'm sorry about that.. I had to cover up the, the smell of my 'addiction' I guess.." Kankri then pointed to a bottle of Smirnoff on the dresser.

"To be honest, I'd prefer the alcohol."

"Sorry,"

"It's fine, not like I live here or anything."

"Uh, about that."

"Wait, what."

"No, no! Not like that, I haven't suddenly claimed you or anything,."

"You sure about that? Cause these papers are saying somethin-"

"Don't touch those," Kankri hissed, snatching those papers away from my hands. He then took a deep breath and looked at me. "I'm trying to be calm, and you're not helping."

"Sorry,"

"It's ok, but I need to request something of you."

"What is it?"

"It's about Karkat,"Kankri said seriously. I stayed silent. "I've been worrying about him lately. He's been getting even more distant from me, and he's been staying up late. Like multiple nights without sleep, and I think this recent accident has triggered something in him, because he was frozen in front of that screen until he managed to call you up."

I knew something was up with Karkat, but this just proves my suspicions.

"What would you like me to do?"

"To check on him, like nightly I guess. He won't speak to me, you're the only person he seems to care about now."

"Well,"

"You don't even have to check nightly, just talk to him, please."

"I guess I can do that,"

"Oh thank you, thank you so much, t-thank you.."

"It's ok Kankri," I beamed at him, pity lacing my smile. He looked at me, his expression less pained and more happy I guess.

"Oh come here you pathetic child," I said, walking up to him and wrapping my arms around his torso.

Kankri had instantly froze up, and I let go. "Shit, I'm sorry."

"Oh, no, it's ok, just, I'm celibate,"

"That doesn't mean you can't get hugs, I'm not wishing to pursue a romantic relationship with you man." I smirked, Kankri just sighed.

"If you're going to hug me get it over an done with, please."

"Yeah," I then redid the hug.

Nothing special, just happy thoughts and comfort.

Time skip:

I had left Karkats house a while ago, promising to Kankri that I'd check on Karkat everyday over pesterchum and occasionally come over.

Kankri granted me access to his house whenever, and gave me a spare key in which I could use in case Karkat wouldn't answer the door or in emergencies.

I had arrived at my house about 30 mins ago, and Dave was nowhere to be seen. So I had sat down on his bed and pulled out that tablet DD gave me.

Maybe I could talk to him?

I turned it on, and opened the pesterchum app.

His name was already there and I tapped his name.

(chumHandle) [CH] began pestering turntechGodhead [TG] at 6:03pm

CH: Uh, hey.
CH: If you're alive, please respond.
CH: No use talking to a corpse right?

I waited and waited, he probably wasn't on.

CH: Dude, if you get time talk to me.
CH: You seem P chill.

(chumHandle) [CH] ceased pestering turntechGodhead [TG] at 6: 07pm

Placing the tablet back under my pillow, I sighed and leaned back on the bed.

Where was he and why wasn't he here, with me.

Time skip:

Dave had came home later that evening, apologising that he was late.

"I was comforting Rose, she called me over."

"Same for me with Karkat,"

"Yeah,"

"I'm sorry,"

"Don't be, it's not your fault." He said, looking down at the floor. 'It's all my fault', I wanted to yell at him, but I couldn't bring myself to.

Instead, I took a step towards him and pressed my lips upon his, he kissed back. I soon felt a wall on my hands, and I was pressing Dave onto a wall.

I pulled back for a bit, and I looked up at him. His hand was resting on my cheek, and the other was taking his sunglasses off.

Red eyes gazing into (e/c) eyes.

I couldn't help myself anymore.

I swung him around, and pushed him on the bed.

"(F/n),"

"Oh, Dave Strider!" I giggled, climbing onto the bed with him.

"Are you sure what you're doing is rig-"

"Oh yes, I'm seeing into your future.." I then giggled again. "It's got no underpants~"

"You're such a pervert,"

"I'm not denying it," I then saw Dave smirk, I leaned down and kissed him. We then rolled over, him pinning me to the bed instead.

-------------------------------------------

aaAAAAHHH IM SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!

FEELINGS AND HOMEWORK AND JUST LIFE IN GENERAL GOT IN THE WAY.

So, uh. We're here are we? Welp, there's no turning back now.

Good bye pure writing.

But have a good day :))