CHAPTER 55:

Ok so, it may be a lil earlier than 2 o'clock. BUT TIME SHALL NOT STOP THIS TRAIN, ONLY GRAVITY AND PROBABLY EVERYTHING ELSE ON EARTH BUT NOT TIME.

Welp, I had a map on my phone. Well, actually gps but you get what I'm saying. However, let's get this party started.

I then headed out the door, and into the corridor.

SUCH FREEDOM HASTH NOT BEEN FELT SINCE LAST WEEK SOMETIME.

But, it felt nice to actually be walking somewhere. I barely got any exercise in that room.

So I then set off down the hallway, phone in hand, off to Karkats!

Time skip:

I was about halfway there, and I was walking down the sidewalk. I wasn't exactly disguised the best but I didn't think that anyone would actually be on the streets.

It was still school hours after all.

But alas, I was wrong anD SHIT DID I NEED TO HIDE.

I could see Vriska and some woman walking on the footpath across the road. Their deaths were both rather gruesome. The woman's body couldn't even be called a body anymore, it was as if it was blown up, and I could see Vriska on the floor with a stab wound. She was hanging out with a punk rocker chic, who looked kinda intimidating.

However, that woman was not the issue.

Vriska was the issue.

There was a tree a little bit up the road, and I could maybe make it. My eyes flashed back at Vriska, but in the second I looked at her Vriskas eyes flicked over to me.

My eyes widened and I broke into a cold sweat. Vriska however couldn't care less.

She just glared at me and flicked her hair over her shoulder, continuing to walk on as if nothing ever happened.

Maybe she didn't remember me.

Timeskip:

Well, I seemed to have arrived at 69 crab road. It was a quaint little house, with a nice front garden. I actually expected less from Karka-

Oh wait, this was probably his brothers doings.

So I walked up the front steps and rung the doorbell.

I didn't hear anything at first, but then the door creaked open a small amount. Allowing me to see an eye, and a smidgen of bright red sweater.

Just like punk rock chick, his death was some form of explosion. However I quickly got rid of the scenes, as I needed to have a quick conversation.

((Yeah, quick, haha.))

"Hello," I said clearly, the eye at the doorway squinting slightly.

"One moment young lady, I need to get my glasses, worry not I'll be back soon, perhaps a minute or so. I'm not sure where I left them however, so I may be a bit longe-"

"Oh it's ok, I need to come inside anyway. I'm waiting for Karkat,"

"Oh! I see, I see. You're one of Karkats friends, he has many friends in which he talks about. What might your name be?"

"Oh, my name is (F/n) (L/n). Pleasure to meet you.. Kankri..? Was it Kankri?"

"Aha, I see he has told you my name. Yes my name is Kankri Vantas, and I'm Karkats older brother and caretaker. Being a caretaker is rather hard, especially for Karkat, he lost his father at a young age, it must've been hard for him.."

"Oh my, he hadn't told me that. But surely you're alright too?" I asked, my eyes darting behind the moderately short male.

((Hoe don't do it))

"Oh yes, I am very much alright. The shock of his early death surprised us both, and with myself being the older sibling I had to take responsibility right away. Karkat sure was a problem child.." He muttered, placing a hand on his chin.

((Oh my god))

"Ah, my blog had to be restricted to updates every Monday and Thursday, and my followers were sending quite a lot of complaints, and yet I manage-"

I then zoned out.

This, Kankri Vantas, talked way too much. I just needed to get inside, like, now.

"Ahem, excuse me," I said, but I don't think he heard me. He just continued to talk and talk about what I think was his blog.

"Kankri, hello?" I asked in a very loud voice, I almost had to yell. Kankri then shut up for a second.

"Hm, (F/n), what is it?"

"Uh, may I be allowed inside? Its rather cold out here and I'm waiting for Karkat.."

"Oh! Ah, yes, yes you may. Just please take your shoes off at the door, and try not to use any profanity around the house.."

He then started to list things that I shouldn't do.

I wasn't listening of course, I was instead wondering how Karkat managed to live with this guy.

Like, no profanity?? Karkat swore in nearly every freaking sentence! How??!

And Jesus Christ he needs to tone the ranting down a bit. He reminded me of one of those people on fumble who write 30 page fucking rants on social justice.

Come to think of it, he probably WAS one of those people on tumblr who wrote 30 page fucking rants.

He did seem to talk about his tumblr a lot.

Hmm.

I then checked the time.

2:31pm.

30 minutes till shit goes down.

Goes down where?

In history.

-------------------------------------------

I don't remember what Kankri talks like and I'm not reading his chat logs again.

Those things were painful.

*shudders*

So I have quite the plot now, seeing as I now know where I'm going with this.

*evil laughter*

So have a good day, eat a mushroom if needed. Maybe even eat a microwave, it's good to have some variety in life.