1

Midsummer in August. At night in City C, the heat in the daytime has not dissipated on the ground, and the wind blows with a dry heat wave.

A taxi stopped outside the compound. Xu Jiahui got out of the car, took three gift boxes from the car and put them on the ground. She went to the front window to pay. Gu Siyi got out of the car from the back seat and carried all the gift boxes in his hand.

One box contains two bottles of aged Maotai, one box contains good ginseng velvet antler, and the other box contains a set of valuable jade.

As the taxi left, Xu Jiahui took Gu Siyi forward.

"Uncle Xia and your father are old classmates. They had a good relationship at the beginning. They were strange because they hadn't walked around these years. The difficulties your father encountered this time will be easy as long as Uncle Xia is willing to help... By the way, their son Xia Zhijun was born on the same day as you. You are of the same age and can communicate more..."

Xu Jiahui said as she walked. Gu Siyi followed her mother with a gift and listened quietly.

When they got to the entrance, they were stopped and questioned by a guard.

"My name is Xu Jiahui. I'm looking for Secretary Xia... I have said hello to the secretary before."

The guard went to the sentry post and made a call.

After a while, the two were released, and a guard led them in.

Xu Jiahui thanked her repeatedly and followed the guard with Gu Siyi.

When they arrived at the yard of the Xia family, the nanny waiting outside led them in.

Entering the room, Xia Guangyu and his wife Peng Ling got up to receive guests.

Gu Siyi looked at the approaching middle-aged couple with a crisp and sweet voice, "Hello, Uncle Xia, hello, auntie."

She gently put the gift on the ground aside.

"Come here. What else do you want with you?" Xia Guangyu glanced at the gift box and said.

Xu Jiahui's smile was a little more embarrassed: "This is our little intention. I haven't seen you for so long..."

Xia Guangyu said nothing more and said, "Come in and sit down quickly."

"Siyi has grown so big in the blink of an eye." Peng Ling touched Gu Siyi's head and said, "The last time I saw you, you couldn't walk yet. Laugh at me in your mother's arms..."

Gu Siyi smiled and said, "It turns out that I like to smile at beautiful women when I was a child."

Peng Ling smiled deeper, "This child smiles beautifully and has a sweet mouth."

After the atmosphere was hot, Xu Jiahui was going to get down to business. She knew that the people sitting opposite did not spend so much time on greetings.

She glanced at her daughter next to her and said, "Siyi, go to the yard to play. Mom is going to talk to her uncles and aunts."

"Yes." Gu Siyi nodded cleverly, stood up from the sofa and walked out of the door.

Xia Guangyu looked at the little girl's back, thought of something, and asked Peng Ling, "A Jun at home?"

"No, I went to play with my classmates."

"Oh." I wanted my son to take the little girl upstairs to play, so I had to give up.

Gu Siyi walked to the yard and kicked the pebbles under his feet, feeling confused at a loss in his heart.