Chapter 14.

Warning: Slight angst

☾*✲⋆.✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

-

Rain was pouring on the day we lost someone important, the feeling I had.. Can you even call it a feeling? Cause there's nothing, absolutely nothing, everything felt empty. 

I felt empty.

Everyone was crying, but some people have another way of expressing grief,

Like anger.

"She can't be dead!" Timmy snapped causing everyone to back away, excluding me. "She's just trapped!"

Riven held him back. "It's okay girls, go ahead. Just let it out."

"Tecna was a great fairy." Flora whimpered.

Layla looked away not daring to make eye contact with anyone to show her tears. "And she saved the entire Realm of Tides with her sacrifice." 

Bloom's fist clenched as tears made trails on her face. "Tecna always had hope in her eyes." 

"Yeah.." Musa sighed as a sad smile lingered on her face. "Particularly when she was about to try to make a joke."

"I wish I laughed more." Stella started sobbing uncontrollably. 

Bloom hid her face in her hands, trying to hide her tear stricken face. "Me too.." 

I however walked off somewhere and  sat down under a tree, I leaned my chin on my knees and cried silently. Tears rolled down my face as I was thinking about the friend I lost.

We lost.

The feeling of grief is so painful, you feel all kinds of emotions. It could be anger, shock or guilt and profound sadness. What I felt is something completely different..

Denial

Losing someone you once thought you weren't that close with is worse, you don't expect to feel like that, it just comes rushing to you. In the end you made a lot of memories that you can't relive anymore, since the person you have learned to care about a lot isn't there anymore. 

There's a feeling for that. Perhaps it's called loneliness? Who knows.. The feeling is so foreign and oh so familiar to me that I can't even detect my own.

None of us will leave this world alive, I already knew that yet we all intended to leave the biggest and most beautiful footprint behind to guide future generations and she did but to what cost?

"Hey.." Bloom greeted as she sat next to me.

"Hey." I whispered back to her.

That was it. We didn't need to say anything, we just needed each other's presence, each other's comfort and each other's sad understanding.