Chapter 7.

A Selkie swam forward, she looked weak and drained of magic as the oil surrounded the poor mermaid like creature.

"My name is Lemmy." She revealed.

"I'm Layla." Layla introduced, she held her hand out as the both of them started glowing.

"What's happening?" Stella questioned.

I looked at the both of them in awe as Layla was giving away some of her magic to the selkie. "I think they're bonding!"

"Oh Layla!" Lemmy giggled, as she circled around Layla in happiness. 

"Lemmy, these are my friends." Layla gestured to the four of us. "[Name], Bloom and Stella."

"Hey!" I smiled.

"Hi!" Stella greeted.

"Hello." Bloom waved.

"I'm very happy to meet you [Name], Bloom and Stella." Lemmy acknowledged. "I could sense you as soon as you entered the water, selkies can always tell when a Fairy is near."

"So that's how you found me." Layla concluded. 

"Yes." Lemmy nodded. "And bonding with you restored my powers."

"How did you lose them?" Layla questioned.

"I'm the keeper of the Tides gate." Lemmy answered. "A monster named Tritanus was-"

"Tritanus." Bloom growled.

Layla crossed her arms. "We know who he is."

"He forced the gate and used his trident to steal my powers." Lemmy explained. 

Stella scoffed. "Another reason to despise that guy."

"And another reason to stop him." I added.

"Lemmy we're on a mission." Layla informed. "If we succeed we'll run Tritanus right out of this ocean, will you help us?"

Lemmy her eyes lit up with determination. "Oh yes Layla!"

.

"Woah.." I breathed out as we swam towards what looked like a labyrinth, the labyrinth looked extraordinary. "What a strange place."

"It is called the Labyrinth of the Abysses." Lemmy filled in. 

The bracelet Tecna gave us appeared around my wrist as you heard Tecna her voice through the bracelet. "[Name], remember the first part of the riddle?"

"With every twist and term, deeper you go like a.." I trailed.

"A labyrinth!" Stella finished.

"Until the shimmering shells sing with the ocean's voice." I recalled. "The shimmering shells must be in there."

"Lemmy could you help us find our way?" Layla requested.

"I'm trying but it's a very strange place." Lemmy confessed her worries. 

I looked back down to my bacelet. "We're going in!" 

"Good luck." Tecna wished as the bracelet around my wrist disappeared, Lemmy entered the labyrinth while we followed behind.

"This way!" Lemmy urged as we swam further into the labyrinth.

"You know.." Stella started. "It's kind of creepy in here."

"Well it is supposed to be a test of self-confidence." I pointed out as we entered a very dark place, oil was spilled everywhere as I shivered at the creepy place we were in.

Stella cringed at the oil. "Ew."

"There's oil everywhere." Bloom observed.

"Do you hear it?" Lemmy asked, I heard this strange sound, it was like the ocean was calling out for us, for help. "Let's go!" Lemmy led us to four huge shells, the shells were covered in oil.