Chapter 2.

I stepped out of the bus, the wind kissed my skin as I gazed at the school in front of me, Alfea, back at the school for Fairies. At the school where I learned a lot, being taught a bunch of things and I will be forever grateful.

A lot has happened during the holiday, after months of building up the courage I decided to visit Adan, it didn't go as I expected it to go, I thought I would get my happy ending with someone I love but that wasn't the case.

This is not some fairytale, yes we are Fairies but this is the real world, people get hurt, people get heartbroken, people die.

We are human.

"My parents needed me, [Name]. They still do and I'm sorry for not saying anything." Adan grabbed both of my hands, his golden eyes staring at me with guilt. "And I can't deal with anything extra."

"You mean you can't deal with me." I whispered as my eyes went downcast. "You could've at least said something, I was worried about you because you just suddenly left without a word, did you even think about how I felt?"

"With anything extra, I mean you being reckless." Adan said, getting tired of my complaining. "I can't deal with you getting hurt, [Name]."

My head shot up as I met his eyes, I glared at him with anger. "Me getting hurt? What does that have to do with anything?"

"I can't live a life where I have to worry about you every second, worry about you getting hurt or die!" Adan's voice rose. "You're one of the strongest being of the Magical Dimension."

"And that's definitely your responsibility." I snapped, sarcasm dripping from my voice. "It's on my shoulders, not yours Adan."

"You don't get that it's also on mine, that's what being in a relationship means." Adan retorted. "It's where you share the same responsibility."

"That's bullshit." I scoffed. "Are you really trying to make this about you?"

"See that's the problem, you don't care about this, you don't care about getting hurt." Adan sighed. "Do you know how I'll feel? I'll be devastated, death doesn't only happen to you but to everyone around you."

"So what do you want me to do?" I questioned, looking at him with interest.

"I want you to give up your powers." Adan confessed making my eyes widen. "Think about it, we can both live a happy life, together."

My fist clenched, my knuckles turned white as I stared at the ground. "You ask me to do this after leaving for months without a word?" I asked in disbelief. "I would never give my powers up, my Dragon is a part of me!"

"Then I can't do this, [Name]." Adan frowned. "Not anymore."

"So after everything.." I trailed as tears gathered in my eyes. "After everything, we're just ending it like this?"

"I'm sorry."

"[Name]!" I heard someone yell out my name, snapping me out of my flashback, I looked around until I spotted the one who called my name.

Bloom.

Before I could do anything she was already running my way, two pair of arms wrapped around me, after recovering from surprise, I returned the hug. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." I turned to Daphne and greeted her as well, noticing that she was nervous, I placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "You'll love living in Alfea Daphne, and don't worry so much, you're going to be an excellent History of Magic teacher."

"If anyone knows the History of Magic, it's you!" Bloom beamed, giving her sister a sidehug.

Daphne smiled at the both of us, grateful for our reassuring words. "Thank you, girls." Her eyes went downcast as her smile turned small. "I just can't seem to shake off those first day jitters."