Chapter 12.

I healed one of the pets and cooed at it. "Bye Pulu, come visit us soon!"

"Thanks!" The customer thanked and walked away.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" Artu spoke up, catching me off guard.

"Artu!" I laughed and stroked his fur. "Hearing you speak will take a little getting used to."

"For me too." Artu agreed. "But trust me I'm enjoying every single second of it, the pets seem to like it too!"

"Unfortunately the effects of my magic only lasts for a short time." Roxy frowned.

"I'll enjoy it while it lasts!" Artu beamed.

"Someone seemed to be a little jealous." Roxy noticed Kiko sulking in a corner so she picked him up. "There's plenty of love to go around, come here little guy." Suddenly the pets started surrounding Roxy, wanting the same affection. One of the pets whispered something in Roxy her ear. "What is it you're saying exactly, wait a minute cause I'm not sure I understood that right, I don't know if I can do that for all of you, I guess I can give it my best shot." Roxy released her magic energy.

"Finally a minute of peace." Bloom sighed. "Girls, let's take a short break!"

"Hey don't come out yet!" I heard someone's voice.

"Who is that?" Bloom asked.

"You heard her, come on Kaida let's come out!" 

"Oh?" Bloom and I shared amused looks. "Sounds like someone's hiding around here or maybe it's a clumsy thief, well come out little thief!"

"A thief!" Kaida panicked as he flew out of his hiding place along with the other pets. "Is there a thief in the shop?"

"I hope it's not a robbery!"

"That's impossible." Stella gasped. "The pets, they're talking." She started falling back but luckily I caught her. "Okay maybe I'm losing my mind, but they were talking!"

"Are you sure?" Layla questioned.

"It's true!" Stella her pet exclaimed. "I heard them too!"

"What's going on?" Bloom questioned.

"Hi Bloom!" Kiko casually greeted.

"Kiko, you too?" Bloom gasped. "Why you.."

"How cool is this!" Kiko cheered. "I can finally talk to you and you can actually hear me!"

"[Name]!" Kaida hugged me.

"Oh, Kaida." I smiled as I twirled him around in my arms. "This is your doing right?" I asked Roxy. "Thanks Roxy, it's a wonderful present."

"I'm glad you like it but it doesn't last very long." Roxy shrugged. "I'm not great with my spells yet."

"But you're proving yourself as the Fairy of Animals!" I pointed out.

"Thanks but it still scares me a bit." Roxy confessed. "It's all so new and I have to admit despite my powers I still don't see myself as a Fairy, I just can't feel it."

"I had those same insecurities." Bloom revealed. "It's totally normal at first."

"How did you get past it?" Roxy prompted. "I'm just so confused."

"Well I got through it thanks to my wonderful family." Bloom smiled as she linked arms with me. "My parents Mike and Vanessa."

"And Kiko!" Kiko announced.

"My parents have always been there for me, they understood me when nobody did." Bloom continued. "They made me feel good about myself even when I was lost, I really owe them for encouraging me to have confidence in myself."