Chapter 8.

"These mummies are all over the place!" Musa exclaimed in panic.

"We got this." I assured as I glared at the monsters.

"Any tips Daphne?" Bloom questioned.

"Mummies are from ancient times, held together by magical bandages." Daphne explained.

"So all we have to do is go for their bandages." I concluded, Daphne nodded, confirming what I said is true.

"Water Bolt!" Layla fired an attack sending one of the mummies flying back.

"Nice work Layla." Flora praised, her hands glowing with green energy. "Lilac Vortex!"

Two mummies fell to the ground but more kept coming so I activated my magic, determined to defeat the monsters, however a mummy shot its bandage at Flora, trying to capture her, alarmed I turned to Flora.

"Watch out!" I cried out and pulled Flora back, the bandage missing her from an inch.

"Thanks [Name]." Flora sighed in relief.

"Infinite Echo!" Musa shouted, soundwaves headed straight for the mummy Musa targeted, the mummy fell onto the hard ground, defeated for now.

"I call upon the element of fire!" Daphne chanted, her hands igniting in flames. "Flame Spiral!" An explosion was heard, the attack being strong enough to defeat three mummies all together.

A mummy shot his bandage at me, already noticing, I jumped back, succesfully avoiding the monster's attack.

I gritted my teeth and glared at the mummy, my hands covered in blue energy, aiming for three mummies that were trying to attack me.

"Water Canon!" A strong water beam shot out of the palm of my hands, my attack hit the three mummies straight on, them falling onto the hard ground.

"Can't handle the light huh?" I heard Stella say from behind me. "Light Spectrum!"

We defeated mummy after mummy but it felt like an endless cycle, more kept coming and frankly I was getting tired of it until I saw Chatta grab onto a bandage that covered the mummy while flying around the mummy, pulling the bandage off as the mummy disappeared in dust.

"There's nothing but dust under these bandages!" Chatta beamed.

One mummy was trying to attack Bloom, Layla and Tecna but they weren't paying attention so I grabbed its bandage and pulled it off, the mummy disappeared making me grin in victory.

"Good one Chatta." I praised making her grin proudly, another mummy was trying to get to me, I kicked the mummy back and pulled on its bandage.

We all did the same thing to the other mummies, pulling their bandages off, the only thing that stabilized the mummies until they disappeared in dust, succesfully defeating them all.

"And that my friends is that." Layla smirked, all of us sighed in relief, panting as the fight exhausted us.

I wiped the sweat off my forehead. "Nicely done you all!"

"Yes!" The Pixies cheered.

Our little celebration moment was short lived cause we had to continue our search for the diary, walking over to the bookcases made out of stone, I leaned against the wall as we all discussed.

"Alright Winx we have to find a way to get the diary." Tecna leaned her chin on her hand, in thought.

"You mean the needle in a haystack?" Musa mused.