- Wouldn't Trade Anything -

2nd Person POV

You and Illinois decided to go on an adventure together. It was not going well so far.

"Illi! Where are you?" You called out to your partner while you descended further into the cave.

A voice replied back but you couldn't make out what it had said.

You followed where you heard it and walked into a even darker cave than the one you were in before.

"Illi..?" You stammered.

Suddenly, a deep voice behind you spoke.

"Hey baby...~" You squeaked as arms went around your waist and a head was resting on your shoulder.

You looked behind you and sighed with relief once you saw who your captor was.

"Illinois James, you scare me like that again and I will smack that smug look off your face with so much force you won't be called 'pretty boy' anymore..." You threatened making the male laugh.

The deep baritone of his laugh sent a shiver down your spine due to him being right up against your back.

He moved making the skin where he was hugging you go cold. It gave you a slight pained feeling, but you shrugged it off as nothing.

"No need to be so nervous around me, sweetheart.." He purred making you roll your eyes.

You've gotten quite used to the pet names. The random touching however just... gets you giddy.

You both walked around more, soon stumbling upon a dimly blue-lit room.

The blue light was illuminating from a smallish pendant necklace that was lodged in the wall.

"Careful, Illi.. That thing could be cursed." He scoffed and brushed you off as he pulled the pendant out of the wall carefully.

You walked over to him and looked at the pendant in his hands.

It had a carving of a wolf in it, howling at the moon. But your gaze was then caught because you had noticed the strange inscriptions on the walls..

Oh no...

"Wait.. Illi...? Did you read the messages on the walls...?" You asked worriedly.

The adventurer didn't answer right away. Not even a flirty comment. Just silence.

"Illinois?" You tried getting his attention. But he didn't even move. He was still. Lifeless almost.

You flinched when he doubled over, his hat falling to the ground.

"Fuck! My head..." You ran over to him and put your hand on his back and the other on his shoulder.

"Illi? Illinois what's wrong?! Come on, what the fuck was wrong with that pendant?!" You yelled, turning to where you could look at him.

You noticed he was wearing the pendant.

And you also noticed it glowing even more...

Illinois raised his head up. But you weren't met with his chocolate brown eyes.. but rather.. amber ones..

A deep growl erupted from him, freaking you out more than anything had ever.

You stepped away from him but he retaliated by pinning you against the wall of the cavern.

You yelped and tried prying yourself from his grip but he was too strong for you.

Damn him and his workout routine...