- My Treasure -

Fem!Reader.

2nd Person POV

Illinois' opened his eyes, wincing from the glaring sun through the open blinds beside his and your bed.

It took him a second to adjust to the light but he eventually did.

Slowly turning around, he went to say "Good morni-", but was cut off at the realization that you weren't even next to him.

'What is she doing that is more important than spending time with me?'
He thought, offended and grumpy to not see you laying beside him.

The adventurer frowned, but when the smell of fresh breakfast started to waft into his nose, he soon realized.

'Ah, so that's what she's doing...'
He slowly got up, throwing the blankets and comforter back onto the
bed.

The sudden cold air nipped at his bare chest, his shirt abandoned on the floor from the night before.

Deciding he'd just get it later, He made his way into the hall and down the
wooden stairs, peeking around the corner to see you cooking breakfast.

You were too focused on cooking, so you weren't able to notice when the adventurer seamlessly slipped in behind you.

Illinois wrapped his arms around you and rested his scruffy chin into the crook of your neck.

You flinched at the sudden contact but relaxed when you realized who it was.

"Good morning, my treasure..." He greeted, using the nickname he gave you while a crooked smile rested on his perfect lips.

"Morning, cowboy." You greeted back, watching the bacon sizzle in the pan in front of you.

Illinois pecked the skin across your shoulder lazily. You blushed slightly from the sudden intrusion, making the adventurer chuckle.

"Don't have to be so flustered around me, honey...~ I know I'm awesome but nothing beats the sight of you every day..." He spoke into your ear making you shudder.

Huffing at his compliment, you gently
moved him so you could go get a few plates for the two of you. But to no avail. he wouldn't let you leave.

"Illy, If you want breakfast, ya gotta let me go." You said with a fond smile, waiting for him to let you go.

Illinois huffed and gave one last kiss to your neck before letting you go.

"Ugh, fine. But you owe me after." The poor adventurer couldn't wait, and sped
through eating the food when it came
time, and didn't stop even with all the
warnings to slow down.

While helping to clean up the dishes, he kept sending sneaky little glances over at you. No amount of jewels or lost treasures could ever compare to the woman who he proudly calls his lover, throwing it on display for the whole world to know that you were his and just as much as he was yours.

The two of you rested upon the couch, your head in Illinois' lap as he carded his fingers through your hair.

There wasn't anything on the TV, but rather the two of you just staring into each other's eyes.

"I love you so much, my treasure..." Illinois' voice resonated through the silent room like weaving silk.

You blushed as your heart fluttered, smiling to yourself as you grabbed one of his hands and held it in your own.

"And I love you so much my
handsome adventurer." You replied,
leaning up to kiss his nose, knowing how much he hates it.

The man rolled his eyes with a smile and leaned forward to press a gentle kiss to your forehead.