- Mate -

2nd Person POV

"KILL IT! KILL THE WITCH!" 'God dammit.' You thought. The villagers had caught you doing magic near the woods. This was the third village this fucking month...

You quickly snapped your fingers and teleported home, frantically packing up and getting ready to flee so you wouldn't die.

Thankfully, you got outta there in quick enough time as you watched your 'house' burn from afar.

"Well Orchid, where to now, huh?" You asked your cat who looked just as pissed off as you were.

You had your bag on your back as your cat walked alongside you through the woods. She was really the only thing you had left.

She was a long-haired, blue eyed, Siamese. You've had her for about 3 years now and you two were inseparable.

You stopped in your tracks as you sensed something. Your thoughts were interrupted once you heard the chopping of wood.

Orchid looked up at you and you looked down at her, both of you seemingly curious to who was this far into the woods rather than in the village.

You muttered a stealth spell under your breath as you waved your hand. Now when you'd walk it wouldn't make any sound whatsoever unless you'd call off the spell.

You peeked behind a large oak tree, revealing a man that looked to be in his late 20's. A very built man to be exact...

He was chopping away at one of the trees that protruded from the ground outside of his house. A very large pile of firewood sat beside him as he huffed and puffed and set down his axe to take a break.

But you sensed something more from him. It was like he wasn't.. fully human.

You went to look down at Orchid but she wasn't there. You panicked and sat up and looked around to find her happily pawing toward the man.

The man perked his head up at the sound of a meow and he smiled.

"Why hello there, miss. Haven't seen you in awhile, hm? I still wonder who your owner is.." You rose a brow on how he knew your cat. But then it clicked.

Orchid would always go out of the house at the same time to the same woods as you were in right now. This must've been the place she would always go to.

You slowly got out of the bushes and called off the spell, your shoes crunching the leaves under them.

The man looked up and his eyes widened once he saw you. A stunning person approaching his home? Very unlikely.

He then stood up and looked down at Orchid who was laying in his arms, happy as can be.

"Hello there! I don't mean to startle you but... my cat is.. uh.." You said trying not to smile as the man looked at you then at Orchid again who meowed quietly.

"Oh uhm, sorry. She used to always come here when I'd be gathering wood or tending to my crops." So he was a farmer and a lumberjack...

"It's quite alright. You seem to be nice enough to not hurt her so I'm okay with her coming here. Although.. she might not be able to anymore..." He looked up at you with a curious look on his quite handsome face, his head tilted to the side. Almost representing that of a dog.

You sighed and walked closer toward him, sitting down on a cut trunk of a tree as he did as well, Orchid still in his arms purring happily.

Before you began to speak, you realized something.

"Oh my stars, where are my manners? My name is Y/n. Yours?" You said politely as the man ran his hand through Orchids fluffy fur.

"Bill. A pleasure to meet a lovely person like yourself." Bill said with a smile that you could not stop looking at.